1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chasseur a cheval de la Garde Imperiale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by giorgiomalteser, Sep 11, 2009.

1. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    My major project for this summer was this last masterpiece by Ray Lamb of Poste Militare fame, the mounted ' Chasseur de la Garde Imperiale ' in 90mm. I once saw a writeup in a modeling magazine about this figure and fell so in love with it (all Ray Lamb's figures are a work of art by the way), that I decided to try my best and get one. Now, one year later from purchase it's finished.

Although quite difficult and fragile to work with, I think I managed to get a moderately decent finish onto it and it's now one of my most treasured pieces in my showcase:D

I do acknowledge the fact that I am not good at photography :D and hope that one day I'd be able to take better pics.

As usual, paint was in acrylics and oils. Hope you guys like it and thanks for looking. Must carry on with the Andrea Samurai bust this weekend.

Cheers.

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0067.jpg

DSCN0068.jpg
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Giorgio!

Jay H.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Giorgio.
  4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great and amazing finish!

Mitsutaka
  5. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    Thank you all for your nice comments. The quality of the photos don't really do it justice but photography is something that I am still really green at :eek:

Cheers
  6. Mark S Guest

Beautiful painting,Giorgio.
    Great result.
    Try more than one light source when taking the pics and put a soft backlight on the background!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork on this figure.

Marc
  8. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Excellent painting Giorgio.

Greetings

Karsten
  9. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Fine painting Giorgio.

Stefano
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work on a classic miniature and quite large!!!
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paintwork Giorgio!

Marcel.