1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

chassepot rifles

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by eissteban, Nov 15, 2006.

1. eissteban Active Member

France
    LO

i'm happy to visit planetfigure every day (since one month) to read and see all these marvelous pieces !

So this is my question :
    Could you tell me where i can find chassepot rifles in 1/35 scale.

I've already the "French Line infantry 1870" box from ICM.

Thanks a lot.
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Welcome to the planet, iessteban!

Do you not like the rifles that came with the kit?

I think they work pretty well. Here's a picture of a vignette I built using many of the pieces from that kit.

Jason

Attached Files:

3. eissteban Active Member

France
    Thanks for your answer Jason.

I'm happy to see your interest for the Franco-Prussian war and 2nd Empire, forgotten period of our French history.
    Your work is excellent.

The rifles from ICM are superb but i need 20 or 30 of them to use with my Turcos in a diorama !!!

I have 2 solutions :
    Find the guns without the figs or reproduct the ICM, but i don't know how to do.

Seb.
  4. Stonerdog New Member

Sebastien,

Welcome to the Planet as well! Fonderie Miniatures made a vignette called Hiver 70
    I believe, and this contained one or two cast metal verison of the rifle you need.
    You could also cast up some using the plastic kit ones as bucks to create the molds. I am sure someone here could give you a tutorial on easy resin casting.
    Hope to have helped you.
    Best Regards,
    John Stonaker