1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Charlies War.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by chris1, Jan 1, 2015.

1. chris1 Active Member

Hi all.
    I have just put a reply on Mike the kiwis build but thought I'd mention it here also.
    Back in the day mid 70s there was a weekly comic (for you young ones out there go ask mum and dad what one is:facepalm: )There was a brilliant WW1 story Charleys War.It was extremely well written and drawn,and would provide excellent inspiration.
    I believe the story has been republished in book form.

So if inspiration is required see if you can lay your hands on it.The author and artists were Pat Mills and John Colquhon.

Cheers

Chris(y)

Y o
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Used to get it regularly ...the comic that is!!..great drawings and quite graphic as well .

Memories eh !

Nap

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris

I have got the books, they released the story's a while ago in volume form. I still have the original comics from back in the day. but the re issue volumes are fantastic. you can get them at any good comic shop well worth getting. the art work is fantastic but very graphic you could get inspired with some of the art work.

Ian
  5. Gary Ashley New Member

A fantastic series , here in France at the Museum of The Great War in Meaux they are running a exhibition on the series on till January 14th 2015 ,a series of figures inspired by the series would be excellent