1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Charles Nungesser

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    WOW! ...will read quickly

Nap
  2. PropBlast Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Next we need a decent bust of Guynemer or Fonck by Pavol!
    DaddyO, offo and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Fonck woukd be nice for sure

Nap
    PropBlast likes this.
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Forget what's next......The pressure that's on you to do this Nungesser bust justice is enormous. How about a bust of Baron Von Stinkenbomben.o_O Keep up the good work Nap and keep your focus.

Wayne
    Nap likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Wayne

Nice to see you posting hope all's well ....I have a lot set up ready to paint but this one jumped the line after PropBlasts kind offer

Strange I was looking at Von Stinkenbomben ........and well as the lesser known Von Pong .......LOL

You stay safe and stay tuned

Nap
    PropBlast likes this.
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice information about this chap but you ought to do the emblem as a back drop. Would finish the bust off,
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Bob

Hope your all okay

Nice to have you here on this ...I was thinking of perhaps adding the emblem on a nameplate ...but that sounds a better idea

Stay tuned

Stay safe

Nap
    Viking Bob likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

Just getting myself in French mode ...thought I would share this picture , not Nungesser but a good view of the uniforms worn

2nd Lt Dorme

Assigned to the N3 squadron, the prestigious combat group known as the "Storks",

Second Lieutenant Dorme holds 23 victories and 29 probable victories on the day of his disappearance.

At SPA 3, he fought nearly 120 battles.

No aviator has won so many victories that were not recognized for being won beyond enemy lines

Guynemer said of him: "What we will never know enough are the qualities not of the soldier but of the man: his righteousness, his simplicity, his bonhomie had earned him the affection of all. With an iron energy, he was the very sweetness, Father Dorme."

image.jpeg

The man himself

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. Cannonball A Fixture

Are you sure there’s enough medals on this one Kev? Looking forward to seeing the light blue tunic develop. Will really set off all those gongs.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England

Mmmmm your right Neal .....no more possible ...sad !

Yes the tunic will be interesting to do but PropBlast sent me the colour bottle which is a great start .....

It's amazing reading the book he sent as well ...these French flyers were nothing short of very flamboyant both in and away from the air war

Oh by the way slowly working on Rollet ....father of legion ...one or two medals ........also on "Viper" from TopGun ...only ribbons there ! ...love this hobby

Hope to see something from you soon , stay safe

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Cannonball and DaddyO like this.
  11. PropBlast Moderator

United-Kingdom
    So happy you like the book. It is a little gem for researching French aces of WW1. It really gives more depth and insight into their personalities and their achievements.
    Nap likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England

Certainly do ...as you say a real insight into the flyers and the way they reacted to the airwar and with some a rocky journey even getting to flight school and combat squadrons

Nap
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

Bit of verbal update ,...he is now fully on the bench ...switching between the Top Gun and Rollet bust and this !

Currently kepi blue is completed as is the red top ....will reconfirm and then it's onto the lacework , the badge , peak , strap etc

Need to see if I can confirm a few things ...

the eye and hair colour ....??

Kepi strap colour

Piping colour ..silver or gold ?

......Will go back to the excellent book Propblast sent and see if it's there

Trying to work from the top on this so it will be flesh ( and scar ) , main uniform blue , medals .....

A nice release and again I say thanks to Peter

Good thread here https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/nungesser-bust-colours-help-needed-please.117134/

Happy benchtime

Nap
    DaddyO likes this.
  14. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    PM incoming!
    Nap likes this.
  15. PropBlast Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Nap likes this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England

Details from Pierre ...cheers my friend

Eyes: blue/grey

Hair: a warmish blonde

Kepi strap: silver

Kepi piping: silver

Remember, he was a cavalryman, hence all metal & lace is silver/ white metal.

Happy days

Nap
  17. PropBlast Moderator

United-Kingdom
    This might help (or not!) 22e01dce8d2974f787eeca548649c825.jpg
    captnenglish and Nap like this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi folks

Quick iffyvision pic of the top of the Kepi .....I had fully painted it but then realised asPierre mentioned it should have a double design on top .......mutterings .....so using putty and lead wire .....and a long time being patient ...

It now looks like this

image.jpeg

Still to do some tidying up on painting but quite pleased ! .......it would have bugged me if I hadn't done this rework

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    dmcHobbes, Grod, captnenglish and 5 others like this.
  19. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Getting there, excellent!

Pierre
  20. SUPER ANTO Well-Known Member

Spain
    As is habitual very documented work. History and art...... Awaiting more updates!!!! :) :) :)