1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Charles A.J. Flahaut(1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sam, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi guys,

Began this wonderful figure from pegaso models:)Sculpted by MAB;).

Still a long way to go.....any comments or critique are always welcome :)

Regards,

Samwel Vella

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sam,
    Great start, but i should consider the purple look of the underchin. Mabye for the look another brush stroke with your basic skintone and then shading and highlighting again. I don't like that purple color.
    Again: I don't like that purple color.........

That marble: well it is to much the same pattern. But i can't do it better. If you have the book off Danielo Cartacci, he explains it very good.

Marc
  3. Gummisheep Member

Hungary
    Great start,the marble looks cool for me:)
  4. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi Marc,

I arranged the purple under the chin thx for the tip mate ;);)

About the marble: it is based on Danilo's book but not executed like he did it:( but I tried my best to try to do it slightly to look like it. The only concern I have drooling in my mind is the colour of the veins:confused: :confused: i'm sure someone that knows napoleonic times will post here to help:):)

Will post more pics tomorrow cause I am to knackered to shoot pics. In Malta here it is 11pm so I am quite sleeping on the keyboard :)

Gummisheep thanks 4 your comments as well :)

Warm Regards,

Samwel Vella
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Sam,

I hope you had a good sleep.

I'd prefer to see the marble floor slightly offset, rather than in straight lines which are square and parallel to the base. If its too late to change, that's cool, but if not, I think it would make a real difference.

Cheers
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    a wonderful figure indeed. Enjoy !
  7. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    Very good work Sam.

Tip: paint a few layers ( 5 - 6 or more) clear, satin varnish mixed with a touch of white oilpaint over the marble. You will see that it will shine like real.

All the best
  8. Sammy

The red uniform looks a good start but I do not like the marble, I would rather put a patern of black and white marble to create more contrast, apart that marble colour should be 'cold' - the veins are very paterned and almost symetrical. Aak your pops as surely he knows there is an old technique in furniture painting about marble effect with sponging and the rest, he surely can help you out, base is also too geometrical and structured, needs a piece of furniture or a carpet at an angle to give some perspective ... IMO I get rid of the red marble ... but good start mate!
    Vanni
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    The red looks promising.Carefull about the outlining. The marble....well, I won't say aything!! :):)

Stephen Mallia