1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Chard & Bromhead

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by stoffy01, Feb 15, 2023.

1. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Many thanks Warren, glad you're liking it. :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  2. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thank you Nap. Sorry about the cheque, rubber can be hard to write on.
    Video recording the process is something I've dabbled with and have shown some on my Instagram account, but it's still not great as I don't have the best equipment at this point in time. Hopefully in the future...

Nap likes this.
  3. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Starting to come together more. A bit of a tentative placement of the two figure's. My talented castor has cast and sent some copies of the Martini's that I'll be sculpting the hands onto. I'll also be sculpting the water cannister and will see how it can look with Chard holding it.
    [IMG]

Oda, MCPWilk, oldtrousers and 4 others like this.
  4. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    You have not mentioned it yet, but can I presume they will be commercial.. Ive no money left at the back of the sofa, so I'm thinking of going old school and knocking up some steel body armour plates and a helmet to go do a bit of bush ranging to see if I can raise the the cash that way.. :D
    Oda, 1969, Scotty and 4 others like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chris

They look good together ......perhaps a additional hand with the water bottle could be included .....nice option to have IMO

Are you including the sacks when commercial ?

Thanks for the updates

Happy putty pushing

Nap
    Oda and stoffy01 like this.
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

:ROFLMAO:
    I have for sale one used, sold as seen by previous uncareful owner.... steel plate body armour. A few dings and dents consumate with age, but then again who hasn't got a few of them at our age. Chopping left leg off optional as only right boot available. Otherwise hop through the bush with quizzical looks from the other hoping marsupials. Good hunting Smithy:LOL:
    ned kelly.jpg
    Oda, stoffy01 and Nap like this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris,
    Somemore good work done there mate. I don't know if it is the camera angle but Chard's right arm does not look right on a couple of aspects.
    It looks too narrow at the top meeting the shoulder and the forearm angle looks wrong, look at the angle of the cuff between the illustration and yours.
    If you added a hand to that and had the Martini in an upright position the hand/wrist angle would look unnatural.
    cheers
    Richie
    stoffy01 and Nap like this.
  8. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hello Warren,

I'm afraid you'd better get smithying, or borrow Richies suit ;)

Chris.

9. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks Kevin,

I'm still thinking about some options, will work things out as I move forward, that includes the mealie bags to.

Cheers
    Chris.

Nap likes this.
  10. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks Richie, yeah, I'm thinking it's on the shorter side and was also needing to change the cuff for the hand and rifle fit. The arm may have also moved forward as I have it planned to be positioned back. Still wipping, still changing, stay tuned ;)

Nap and Richie like this.
  11. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Temporarily added some length with polymerclay. Definitely was short upon another measure of proportions. Thanks for the input Richie ;)[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Viking Bob, Scotty and Nap like this.
  12. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hello Everyone, Lt Bromhead 24th foot, finally completed. One of the two figure's featured in the up coming vignette titled 'After the Battle', Rorke's Drift. 1/16th scale.[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Nap, Oda, Dr Bison and 11 others like this.
  13. MalcC A Fixture

England
    First class work Chris.

Malc
    stoffy01 likes this.
  14. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a wow from me, lovely sculpting. Will wait for a release date and not tell the wife....
    Nap and stoffy01 like this.
  15. Briggsy A Fixture

Great work, lots of good sculpting on the pull of the cloth around the body, going to be a great vignette.

Cheers Simon
    stoffy01 likes this.
  16. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thank you Malcolm, Bob and Simon. Sorry for the delay, it's been quite an extensive project that's ebbed and flowed starting back in the early part of the year.
    It's also stopped and started a few times, due to other project's as well as just being quite drained and needing a break from the project altogether.

So here is the final result of the sculpting part of the project, soon to be sent off to cast, hopefully it won't be too problematic for my castor.
    Cheers everyone.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Scotty, Martin64, Nap and 8 others like this.
  17. Rob A Fixture

Spain
    Wonderful vignette, that has come out really well.
    stoffy01 and Oda like this.
  18. Briggsy A Fixture

They really do look the part, awesome sculpting they'll be great pieces to paint.

Cheers Simon
  19. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done Chris for seeing these both to the end, fantastic pair of figures mate.
    Cheers
    Steve
  20. Steve headley A Fixture

They look great a wonderful job you’ve done on them. It’s a credit to you.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team