1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Chaos Knight 72mm Limited Edition

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kathrynloch, Jul 2, 2011.

1. kathrynloch Active Member

United-States
    Hi Mike! Thank you!

Yes, I have tried acrylics on larger scale horses. Even with retarder, the acrylics dry too quickly to get consistent blends. Smaller scale horses, I paint almost exclusively in acrylics. Like my Riders of Rohan for example.

bay1.jpg

If I didn't have so many animals and all of the dust and hair, I'd love to try oils. But their drying time and my critters...well, that probably wouldn't work too well.

But larger scale I prefer pigments. Because they are translucent and I build up the color in layers, I have great control over the shading and highlights. They don't dry out too fast, I can sit it down and come back to it days later, and the color quality is great. :)
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    That makes sense. Use what best works for your situation.