1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cgs 120mm Zouave Of The Guard 1854

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Gra30, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi All,

Big thanks to Moz for this, the images are of the master.

To be released by CGS Military Figures in approx a months time and will advertise in new releases when ready.

Zouave of the Guard
    120mm
    By Maurice Corry

Best wishes Graham

zo1.jpg zo2.jpg zo3.jpg zo4.jpg
  2. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great, seems that it is at the beginning of the 2nd Empire. Crimea War)
    No medals, quite all the Zouaves of the Guard wear decorations at the beginning of the Italian War.
    Here's some pictures in different period of this famous soldiers.
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    Zouaves of the Guard at the beginning of Italy War (after Crimea)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Hope it could help somebody !(y)
  3. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Many thanks
    This is the master and first pictures, it has the sling, bayonet and final additions to be added before casting and released.
    Best wishes
  4. Silversurfer Active Member

Germany
    Finally, a Frenchman from the Crimean War!:hungry: My "prayers" have been answered! ;) What a beautiful sculpture of Master Moz! My Crimea army will grew bigger and bigger! Can´t wait to have it in my hands:woot:

Cheers Thomas
    Funky50 likes this.
  5. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Good work !!!
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant.
    Carl.(y)
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice sculpt and looks like it'll be seriously colourful when painted up too

Steve
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Good to see another 120mm Crimea figure Graham ! But personally I'm not really convinced by the form of the cape, it is hanging on the back of the figure in a somewhat unnatural way to my eyes ...:unsure: It also seems too small but that may be the photograph ...

Look at the Metal Modeles version of this figure, they did it correctly : http://www.metal-modeles.com/fr/com...mpire/zouave-crimee-1854-1856-detail?Itemid=0

No offense meant, just constructive criticism. Cheers !
  9. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    Metal Modeles did a very nice zouave of the guard which was based on the statue at the pont d'Alma in Paris. That's an excellent reference too.
  10. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    For those how doesn't know Paris and the Zouave du Pont de l'Alma (in fact 4 statues were made-the others were displaced, not know where except the Chasseur of Vincennes-Near Paris, and the Grenadier in Dijon)
    here's the statue
    [IMG]
    For the people how live in Paris, this Statue is use to know the level of the Seine.
    The statue sculptor is Georges Dielbolt
    The 4 statue were made for the original bridge to celebrate the Crimean War.
    Here's the Chasseur de Vincennes
    [IMG]
    The Grenadier
    [IMG]

May be more figures in view ?
  11. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks all for the kind comments, it is certainly an area that I am looking to explore further and was great to plan with Moz and see finished, I'm well pleased :))))
    Like I said there are a few tweaks to be done and the little additions before I cast and will post once released.
    Kind regards
    Graham
    Funky50 likes this.
  12. Waterman Active Member

Oh yes, yet again Moz gives us painters another superb rendition. I just love that natural easy flowing stance. Never ever thought I would want to paint a Zouave , but now having seen this I just want to get the brushes out and go to work on it. I suppose if the rifle was changed it could even depict an American Civil War Zouave, or would I be wrong about that? Any way Graham hurry up and get it out on sale because I definitely want one. I must say you are producing some really lovely quality stuff, and you deserve to be successful .
    Funky50 likes this.
  13. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great subject Gra,
    Another fine sculpt from Maurice and good photography too.
    This one should do well.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That is a wonderfull sculpted figure.
    Can't wait to see a painted version.
    Marc
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Graham ,

Now this is a nice subject and good to see more from this season's favourite period ..the Crimean .....as you said Moz has again done a cracker ...nice details (y) ...might be tempted to add a couple of medals though;)

Be interested to see this close up .

Nap
  16. Waterman Active Member

Medals would not have been issued until the end of the war surely, so the figure is not incorrect in not having them. They can always be added by the modeller though if someone wishes to personalise and to depict the figure at a later date.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  17. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice one Graham, count me in for one! the hands and fingers look a bit square or boxey but you have put some real closeups up on here so I assume they look more natural on the actual figure.

Keith
  18. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Waterman, you right for the medals, you could add them but be careful with them.
    The only one's possible for the Zouave in the Crimean War were
    Legion D'Honneur, Médaille militaire , médaille du Siège de Rome.
    After Crieman War, you can add the British Criean war meadl (claps possible).
    There's not a lot of medals in the French Army at this time, no real Campaign medals as in the British Army except for the Mexican expeditionnary Medal (c.1863)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  19. Waterman Active Member

Thank you for the info regarding the medals, that is something that I would have not realised, and perhaps there are others like me, and so your comments are very helpful. I am really looking forward to seeing someone paint this up before I have a go, hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I now would like to see more figures of this period.
  20. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb figure Graham a fantastic addition for the Crimean war period.
    A real beauty which I will be having a bash at painting.
    Cheers
    Gordon