1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP CENTURION

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Sergey, one question: how did you paint the shield? More precisily, that diferente tones?? Dry brush over a base color?
    I've never tried to do that cause I was afraid of ruin the painting already done. But now I'm facing a shield that deserve that good treatment.

Cheers ;)
  2. YellowBear Active Member

love the tone of the whole things
    especially the weathering, and metals
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Sergey. Great SBS on the shield and a very battle worn look on the whole model. (y)
  4. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Hi all!
    So many reviews ... Thank you, friends! I was pleasantly touched!

I painted the base layer medium shade. Then I used the different shades inflicted and dry brush, and butting semi-dry brush and oil filters. I also inflicted spray of dirt and blood, splashing paint on the brush bristles. I advise you to watch video and photo lessons by Miguel Jimenez. All armor coating techniques are applicable to boards and clothing of the ancient warriors.
    Aveleira likes this.
  5. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal

Thank you very much for explain and for the advice ;)

Cheers ;)
  6. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Spot on.
    Pete
  7. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Wow, Sergey!!! This... is... amazing.
    I'm interested a lot to allow some techniques coming from armour and planes modeling into figurine painting world. You are providing, here a true lesson. Thanks a lot!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the information on the shield Sergey.
    Carl.(y)
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    wow, nice shield an red cape like it very well.
  10. Akkilas78 Member

Greece
    i am stunned!!!!! very well executed ,almost lifelike
  11. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Friends, thank you for your feedback and for the emotions that they give me!:notworthy: