1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Centurian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kirk, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Guys,
    Here's the start point for my next project...
    I'll start him later in the week...

All the best

Patrick

Attached Files:

2. Grizzly Member

WOW!! that is a nice figure Patrick,who is the manufacturer of this one?

Thomas
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Hey Thomas, how are you?
    This is a 90mm Verlinden...incredible casting, really one of the better pieces I have seen, and the face is awesome. I am hoping to have him primed later today...

Hope all is well

Patrick
  4. Grizzly Member

Verlinden? didnt know they did 90mm and yes it is very well done ,was thinking one of the more expensive makers. Cool! might have to add this one to my want list :lol:
  5. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thomas,
    Verlinden already has one 90mm Roman out as part of this month's new releases...and believe that this is the second. I think we are going to see more 90mm stuff from Verlinden in the future... ;)

All the best

Patrick
  6. rdclaeps New Member

Hey Patrick,

Nice looking figure, looking forward to seeing you paint this one up. How is the casting on this, typical Verlinden with no seam lines and large mold plugs? You sure seem to get some of their new release kits quick.

take care,

Rgoer
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I agree, this is a very nice digure, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cheers.

Roc. :)
  8. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Very cool. I'll have to check this one out too!

Keith
  9. Patrick Kirk New Member

Roger,
    How are you my friend!
    Actually the mold plugs weren't that bad on this one...each one popped right off after I scared it a couple times with a #10 blade, and they weren't in a position to ruin any fine detail - easy piesi!
    Detail is wonderful...really like this new scale they are offering. The casting is tremendous. The cape will take a lil filling, but nothing IMHO that detracts from the figger!
    I started the undercoat work this afternoon, and will post a couple updates later in the week.

Hope all is well; take care.

All the best

Patrick
  10. rdclaeps New Member

Thanks Patrick. All is well here and I hope all is well with you and your family. I decided to expand my horizons and started working on some 75mm figures, getting away from only painting busts. I find the 54mm to small for my eyesight and 75mm is just the ticket. I’ve been eyeing their first 90mm release, the Viking. Have you seen that one in the flesh?

take care,

Roger
  11. johnbrewer New Member

Patrick, do you get the column with the figure as well?.
  12. Patrick Kirk New Member

Roger,
    I have and think it's a great piece, too. Actually would make a really nice vignette...hey, maybe I am onto something! ;)
    I agree with you...54mm to me seem so small, and the 90mm range is gaining in popularity. I really like the 120mm figures, but for some reason manufactures aren't producing as many as they once were. Maybe it's a cost thing, or maybe it's just what the market will bear. In any aspect, I think we will see more 90mm from Verlinden in the future...

Hope all is well my friend!

Patrick
  13. Patrick Kirk New Member

John,
    I wish...unfortunately you don't...sorta a downer, huh? I pulled this out of my spares box.

All the best my friend!

Patrick

PS Your bust is awesome! ;)
  14. johnbrewer New Member

an excellent choice from the spares box Patrick. It gives the figure a real purpose to the pose