1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Celtic Warriors Vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    rear view!....now it has to dry for several hours and I will do a second coat and apply the mars black to the plaid..............now back to the Asharui and the last drybrush on the purple.

Attached Files:

2. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Guy

Good choice of colours if you ask me

Robin
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy!

I agree with Robin, the colors are great. The lines are looking mighty fine too, looking forward to next step!
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Knowing I had to give the stripes a secoat, I decided to change the color of the darker stripe from Dark Blue to medium blue and I was satisfied with the result. It is now not as stark a contrast to the light blue and left me more room to blend and shade the medium blue.

Attached Files:

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have blended and shaded the blue stripe, flat coated over this after it dried and have painted the lighter cream stripe down the center of the dark blue stripe both vertically and horizontally. Now I have placed them into the base temporallily to get a better idea of how the foilage and finishing aspects of the groundwork will be installed. Here is the combination of both Elite and Time Machine Celts to the base.

Attached Files:

6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Rear view of the two Celts temporarilly placed onto the base.

Attached Files:

7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The next step will be to flat coat the Blue TM celt so to be able to add the next stripe on his trousers . I will also be working on the finishing details of both so that after the groundwork is complete they will be permanently mounted to the base.
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Mighty fine work so far,Guy (y) (y) (y) As always,love your bases Looking forward to the completion of the vignette;the interaction between the 2 figures is AWESOME Cheers.
    Kenneth
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Dit gaat superknap worden en volgens mij je veruit je beste. Niet alleen de kleurkeuze is prima, ook hoe ze is aangebracht, de compositie en het grondwerk.

Nog een winner in de maak.

Groetjes,

Gino
  10. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Hi Guy, Well done so far on your Celts. I love the ancient period and you have done justice to this subject.

Would you be able to take a photo showing the complete wooden base and your groundwork - I find that most magazines only show the groundwork and the figure and never the complete picture i.e. wooden base, groundwork and figure. This will help me when I choose wooden bases for my figures. In fact I will start a subject on this under 'general' also to see what other responses I get.

Thanks a million and well done
    Franco
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    No problem Franco,
    I will be glad to post a complete picture of the scene and the base. If you see any other pieces I have done and would like to see the base included in a pic......just let me know. I should be done with the celt vignette by the end of the week. (y)
  12. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Thanks for that quick reply Guy, looking forward to that photo.

Cheers
    Franco
  13. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Its all coming together now matey, looking really good. I like teh composition of it

Robin
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This week has been marked with alot of stuff going on that kept me away from the figure desk. I have been working on the groundwork with tall grass, a tree, and debris. Here are the 2 Celts temporarily set onto the base to see how the whole picture looks. I have alot of work yet on the Celts with the TM's helmet and metal buckle on his belt yet to do. But here is where I am at now.

Attached Files:

15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Second view from the back

Attached Files:

16. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium

... Begrijpt hij dat?

Je hebt in elk geval gelijk, dit wordt iets moois :)

Well done Guy (y) (y) (y)
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Finishing the detail work and putting it all together. I am waiting for the severed head to dry for the Blue Celt and have attached the sheild onto the Elite Celt. Next is to finish up with the ground work and..............done!!!!

Attached Files:

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

It is coming together nicely! (y) Look forward to seeing it finished.

Joe
  19. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Looking good Guy! Can't wait to see the completed vignette.

-jim cox
  20. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Alright!!! (y) (y) (y) That's looking good, man! And my congrats on the fern plants, well done! (y) (y) (y)