1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Celtic Warrior

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by blaster, Sep 23, 2020.

1. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    I last updated on this piece in 2015. Here are the collected updates with a summary text.

This figure was modified from an old Time Machine Miniature kit. The scale is slightly smaller than the usual 54mm and was sculpted by Rendall Patton.

The pose was drastically converted as I wanted to depict a fighting mad berserker. A Pegaso head was substituted for the original head, which was too small. The body appeared to be too flat from the side and I built up the back musculature and midriff. I have also built up the hair to create a swept-back limed effect. The pants were resculpted because of the new pose. I also substituted a larger round shield for the small rectangular shield.

All the pictorial references that I have show the scabbard suspended on the right side. The mode of suspension was either the belt or a cross body leather strip from the left shoulder to the right hip. The sword, if held, is almost always in the right hand.A belt was created from a thin metal strip.

The hairstyle was re-sculpted several times to reflect a swept-back limed effect. I painted the fringe in oils, using an impasto technique to suggest hair strands. I created a tear in the trousers for interest and painted the trousers and the shield designs.

I worked on the groundwork for this piece, adding grass, branches and brass-etch ferns. The figure was carefully mounted on the base through the long wire, which was carefully concealed by the foliage. The scene is that of a Celt leaping out to ambush his protagonist.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]