1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Celtic Warrior 2.0

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by ghamilt1, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    So, after my well meaning daughter knocked this figure to the ground while re-arranging the furniture (she's 23 just so we understand we're not dealing with an innocent child here) I stripped, repaired and re-painted this Pegaso offering in 75mm. I tried my hand at some tattoo painting and tried to get a reasonably historic shield design based on some artifacts from the late iron age in Britain. All done in oils over an acrylic undercoat. Now to bolt it securely in the display case. Cheers everyone.
    DSCN1408.jpg DSCN1407.jpg DSCN1406.jpg DSCN1403.jpg DSCN1404.jpg DSCN1405.jpg
  2. MrBMB A Fixture

Looks like she knocked it to the ground and then you knocked it out of the park!!!
    Very nice mate :)
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wow ! BEAUTIFUL

Mobo
    anstontyke and ghamilt1 like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Great recovery on this piece , packed full of details , good base work as well

Nice tatoo work as well

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top marks for bringing this back from the dead, having to paint the checked trousers again would have put me off, hopefully you have forgiven the culprit and allowed her back into the house lol.
    TERRY
    anstontyke, ghamilt1 and Nap like this.
  6. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb: looks like she did you a favour.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive work on this beauty.

Marc
  8. custer760 Well-Known Member

Beautiful brushwork...love this figure anyway and you really did him justice..Excellent.
    Regards
    Pete
  9. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks everyone. If you're wondering my daughter has taken full credit for this figure and did indeed say "your welcome" when I showed her this finished version. I have put locks on the display cabinets in case she gets any more ideas.
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent redo on such a large undertaking.
    Cheers
    John
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. Tannvargur Member

Sweden
    Oh man....that is very very nice painting..gold in my book. You have done an excellent job on this one.

Oskar
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Really good, I have also liked this figure a long time but balked a bit at the price. Bob
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Superb. The checkered pants are a wonder.
    anstontyke likes this.
  14. igor_belousov Active Member

Ukraine
  15. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Bob, I think the price was the big reason why I don't just bin it when it broke. And thanks to everyone else for your kind comments.
    anstontyke likes this.
  16. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW!
    I think that sums it up for me.
    Very, very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  17. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Lovely work on this, I have it in the grey army and keep looking for a companion figure to no avail....can guarantee he won't have check trousers. Congratulations on a fine job.

Keith
  18. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Andrew and Kieth. Pegaso has a couple of Celtic/Gaulic warrior figures from the same period in 75mm that i think might work quite nicely paired with this one. In fact I know they have another Celtic warrior or chieftain that is also mounted in this scale as well. Worth checking out I think.
    anstontyke likes this.
  19. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks for the suggestions, problem is I have so many Celts in the cabinet, mainly painted by other people that I am waiting for something new. I was going to use a Dranonarius but Brian Snadden sold me his so I'm back to square one....LOL...fortunately I've got one or two bits to be going along with while I learn how to paint check trousers and Celtic tattoo's;)

Keith
    ghamilt1 and anstontyke like this.
  20. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning rescue work, glad you didnt bin this because you have done some great paintwork on him
    ghamilt1 likes this.