1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Celtic Vampire

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sippog, Nov 2, 2017.

1. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    After the long fiddly job of doing the two old metal kits, I wanted something with minimal construction. This is one of two Warrior busts I've had for a long time - other being the Biker.

Pic 1 shows the bust primed with AV green and masked for airbrushing the cloak. (I'm going to do a tartan eventually = a first for me). Note the hood which was made by cutting the thumb off a glove. I also tried out some masking putty I bought. It's weird and plasticky but I actually like it - gets more malleable as you use it and it can be recycled
    celtvamp02.jpg

Pic 2

The body airbrushed. I still struggle to get the AB to do what I want but am determined to get better. At the moment I'll settle for the interesting textures you can create with an AB and will use a brush for shading where I'm more comfortable and can exert more control. I think I will also use oil paints mostly , another ambition of mine is to get better with them.

The base I made a long time ago when I was experimenting with Fimo and some beads. Remembered I had it and dug it out. Could work for this when I paint it up a bit.

celtvamp03.jpg
    franck edet, Scotty, Oda and 6 others like this.
  2. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi
    Like how this is coming together ...............Is this kit still available ?

Frank
    sippog likes this.
  3. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks. No longer on sale but it does come around quite a bit on ebay and at shows
    warriors-scale-models-miniatures_1_f5ac60ff714b164fa25099bdfe8dfa65.jpg
    Borek likes this.
  4. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Nice start so far - looking forward to seeing more...
    Regards,
    Phil
    Oda and sippog like this.
  5. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    celvamp5.jpg

A little more progress despite constant interruptions - airbrushed the skin tones but will need brushes to shade. Stencilled tribal tattoos on the shoulder which you cant really see in this picture
  6. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Nice work so far. It's an amazing sculpt, I'm curious about the result...

Cheers Borek
    Oda likes this.
  7. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    CV3.jpg

Progress pic. Many interruptions and I spent a long time trying to do the tartan - not that successfully - but not that much more to do.
    Martin64, Borek, balder and 1 other person like this.
  8. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    CV_Cmon.jpg

The struggle to take something resembling a good photo - but finished now
    Martin64 likes this.