1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Celtic Standard Bearer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Every time I do a large figure ( Lakota Sioux ) I usually have another figure on the side that I ake a few minutes with to get a break from the larger project. A few minutes here and there will eventually bring a figure towards completion. I started this figure back in October and basically put it aside after thanks giving to do the 120mm Lakota mounted figure for TLB.

I took a break today and snapped a couple of photos to show you where the "side figure" is at now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hopefully the Celtic Standard Bearer will be finished right after the Lakota and I will post the finished pics.

~All comments welcome ~
  2. diosytexas Member

England
    hello guy. i think it looks great. love what you have done with the trousers. well done dave.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, looks great so far, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    It's indeed looking very nice so far Guy. Thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see more.

Xenofon
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello Guy,

That is a superb looking figure you are doing "on the side". I hope to see it finnished soon.

Greetz,

Gino
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate the kind words. I'll post more as I get the chance to work on him.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,

No comments, enjoying this figure. Extremely well done.

Marc
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Guy, looking good so far :) I would like to know how do you paint the helmet? did you used airbrush?...
    regards
    ER
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Marc & Ernest.

Ernest~ I use bottled enamels by Floquil. The base coat is Gun Metal followed with a black wash. After drying I dry-brush the metal with Old Silver lightly.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    BEAUTIFUL PAINTING,Guy (y) (y) (y) !!!! You must be REALLY focused to do such GREAT WORK for a "side" figure. WELL DONE,my friend ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Kenneth. Sometimes its those "side pieces" that turn out the best.
  12. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Guy...... Guy....... Guy......
    Picture a man looking like Wile E. Coyote after he's just been owned by the Road Runner.....

I think this is one of the best Celtic personae figures I have ever seen. I am very interested in learning how you did the fleece cloak. Will there be a SBS for this figure?

regards,
    Mike
  13. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Guy

What a nice figure. It going to be realy nice painted. I looking forward to see
    your next step. You are very busy with painting.

Greetings Dick :)
  14. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    Hi Guy,

Great painting so far, love the helmet good metal liknes

Peter
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Peter and Dick. I appreciate the comments.

Mike~ The fleese was the easiest part with the hair detail already csulpted into the cloak. I base coated the fur with a medium gray acrylic then mixed a 4 to 1 wash and covered the fur. After drying I used a Meduium gray floquil enamel for the first all-over dry brushing followed after drying with a light gray to the upper folds with a final dry-brushing of floquil white to the very tops of the folds.

Hope this helps.

Guy
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, Nice going on the Celt.~Gary
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    While on a 10 day vacation I was able to finish a 90mm Celtic Standard Bearer I had started many many months ago.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Any questions or comments are welcome.
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, once again you've don it! The fur, the pants, your metals...all spot-on! Nice stuff! It looks like the "vacation" did you some good! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  19. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Guy...very nice to see all the different textures going on..they add a lot to an already interesting figure...
    And your presentation is very attractive too.

All the best...Roy.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really nice Celtic Guy,

Your base is spot on, and give's that figure just something more.
    But i think (my neatpicking) that you must redo the eyes. I find them not so good as you ususal do. They seems popped up for me.
    And if i.m wrong please correct me.

marc