Celtic Standard Bearer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Every time I do a large figure ( Lakota Sioux ) I usually have another figure on the side that I ake a few minutes with to get a break from the larger project. A few minutes here and there will eventually bring a figure towards completion. I started this figure back in October and basically put it aside after thanks giving to do the 120mm Lakota mounted figure for TLB.

I took a break today and snapped a couple of photos to show you where the "side figure" is at now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hopefully the Celtic Standard Bearer will be finished right after the Lakota and I will post the finished pics.

~All comments welcome ~
  2. diosytexas Member

England
    hello guy. i think it looks great. love what you have done with the trousers. well done dave.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, looks great so far, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    It's indeed looking very nice so far Guy. Thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see more.

Xenofon
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello Guy,

That is a superb looking figure you are doing "on the side". I hope to see it finnished soon.

Greetz,

Gino
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate the kind words. I'll post more as I get the chance to work on him.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,

No comments, enjoying this figure. Extremely well done.

Marc
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Guy, looking good so far :) I would like to know how do you paint the helmet? did you used airbrush?...
    regards
    ER
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Marc & Ernest.

Ernest~ I use bottled enamels by Floquil. The base coat is Gun Metal followed with a black wash. After drying I dry-brush the metal with Old Silver lightly.
  10. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    BEAUTIFUL PAINTING,Guy (y) (y) (y) !!!! You must be REALLY focused to do such GREAT WORK for a "side" figure. WELL DONE,my friend ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Kenneth. Sometimes its those "side pieces" that turn out the best.
  12. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Guy...... Guy....... Guy......
    Picture a man looking like Wile E. Coyote after he's just been owned by the Road Runner.....

I think this is one of the best Celtic personae figures I have ever seen. I am very interested in learning how you did the fleece cloak. Will there be a SBS for this figure?

regards,
    Mike
  13. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Guy

What a nice figure. It going to be realy nice painted. I looking forward to see
    your next step. You are very busy with painting.

Greetings Dick :)
  14. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    Hi Guy,

Great painting so far, love the helmet good metal liknes

Peter
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Peter and Dick. I appreciate the comments.

Mike~ The fleese was the easiest part with the hair detail already csulpted into the cloak. I base coated the fur with a medium gray acrylic then mixed a 4 to 1 wash and covered the fur. After drying I used a Meduium gray floquil enamel for the first all-over dry brushing followed after drying with a light gray to the upper folds with a final dry-brushing of floquil white to the very tops of the folds.

Hope this helps.

Guy
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, Nice going on the Celt.~Gary
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    While on a 10 day vacation I was able to finish a 90mm Celtic Standard Bearer I had started many many months ago.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Any questions or comments are welcome.
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, once again you've don it! The fur, the pants, your metals...all spot-on! Nice stuff! It looks like the "vacation" did you some good! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  19. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Guy...very nice to see all the different textures going on..they add a lot to an already interesting figure...
    And your presentation is very attractive too.

All the best...Roy.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really nice Celtic Guy,

Your base is spot on, and give's that figure just something more.
    But i think (my neatpicking) that you must redo the eyes. I find them not so good as you ususal do. They seems popped up for me.
    And if i.m wrong please correct me.

marc