1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Celt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Aug 29, 2006.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok guys, this is what I'm working on before I get to Euro. After the Templar the sizi difference was drastic to say the least. This is figure is small, smaller than the standard 54mm but painting it is really a joy. Will show you more when it's finished.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    last

Attached Files:

4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking really good,great start Stephen.This is a part I bought a long time ago,but stays still with primer on my workbench.Looking forward for some updates!
    christos
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,
    great start. The fleshtones are great! Is it just me, or do most of the Latorre 54mm sculpts tend to be more like 1/35 scale. I have the Elite Captain Souter at Gandamak kit and it is small! Don't get me wrong, they are perfectly sculpted, just tend toward the smaller side it seems. Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Angaliel Well-Known Member

France
    Cool, the skin tones are great !!!!
    And the grey-bleu tatoos color is nice too.

JP
  7. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Looks great so far stephen.What brand of colors r u using?
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Lovely work so far Stephen, I like it :)
    cheers
    ER
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    No Jay it's not you but most of Latorres figures ( especially the earlier ones ) are more 1/35the than actual 54mm. As you say they are great sculpts and whilst some had some anatomical questions about them, I still think that when it comes to folds and drapery Latorre is still the best.

Stephen Mallia
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Dimitrios, thanks. I use Vallejo and Andrea acrylics.

Stephen Mallia
  11. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    I envy this matt results obtained by acrylics!But when i tried them for a change i found out that Andrea sometimes tend to get a white line cause of the choke (or whatever they have in) and that Vallejo tend to glaze a bit.Is this how they r suppose to be or did i do something wrong?Can they be mixed?
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Yes Dimitrios, sometimes it does happen. It depends from particular colours. Good dilution rates help alot in this.

Stephen Mallia
  13. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Great start on a great figure.
    I always like the base at this moment. Great work.

Stephen see you at Euro.

Marc
  14. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Stephen,
    Great Flesh tones , how did you do the tattoos , really effective ....my figure is now out on my workbench cleaned up , unprimed but fast heading that way , hope I can do it as much credit as you are ...keep us posted ....especially on any shield designs ...regards Kev
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    You're a roadrunner mate :lol:

Goooood start.......... :eek:

See you tomorrow.........will bring General John B. Gordon........

Ray ;)
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, beautiful work as usual, looking forward to seeing more.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  17. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend hi . Your fleshtones look very good and its not that easy to paint so much of flesh !

Your groundwork also looks good ,but i have some thoughts on the taller piece of wood that stands behind the Celt.

Considering that the main theme is always the figure, in this case you have a particular pose with a totally raised hand , and the tree stump stands as tall and raised as the hand, beeing a bit competitive to his pose.

I think that a lower stumps complex (without the taller part) would work more in benefit of the dynamis of the figure .

But thats only my way of thinking . Waiting to see it completed, and ohh how much i wish i could be in Euro ... how much ....but ... :( :( :(
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Marc thanks. Yes I'm looking forward to meet you at Euro.

Stephen Mallia
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for your feedback.

Ok Kostas here's the story about the tree . Since I wanted to finish this for Euro I was a little unprepared with regards to what base I would use. Having run out of bases I had to turn to my friends at the club. The only base that nearly fitted the subject was slightly larger than I wished but I had no choice. So I included the tree to fill in some space. I know the height is a little awkward but I was a little with my back against the wall :lol: . Maybe when I fix the blade the overall height of the figure with give a different impression. Hopefully :lol:

Stephen Mallia