1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP celt cavarlyman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ubbi, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Mark, thank you for your feedback and your suggestion for the painting and the sculpting of the horse ..i'm just a little bit forced ..:D to do it in oils because i don't like acrilycs very much , they dry immediately and i hate this..:confused:and for the opposed reason i love oils ,i hope tomorrow to finish puttying and sanding the horse to begin with the painting ..i can't wait for me is a real challenge with a horse of 90mm :eek:

cheers

stefano
  2. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Thank you Mao , you are really kind

ciao

stefano
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great work so far Stefano, look forward to see what you do with the horse.Seeing this makes me wish that Pegaso or the like would do something like this in 75mm.

Cheers David
  4. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Hi David, thank you a lot for your feedback, it would be beautiful to see also your rendition of this figure ..i don't know if Pegaso or someone else will do a same project ..but if you want i think there are still some pieces available of that figure probably is not of the same range of Pegaso also becuse is old but i can affirm is very well detailed and with a historical research second to none . You can take a look here http://www.italiankits.it/ilfeudo.html

cheers

stefano
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks for the link Stefano, maybe one to think about for the future.

Cheers David
  6. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Hello Stefano, how are you? I know the subject of DECIMA of my friend Mark from Pescara and congratulations for the work! I have some subjects to paint, you want to become my official painter?
    You can see something about "wip two new figures of ancient Rome"
    regards
    Robert
  7. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    It would be pleasant painting your subjects Robert , the only problem is that i'm so busy with my work to have no so mutch time for my painting figures hobby and you would have to wait for too mutch time :D

cheers

stefano
  8. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Hey there Stefano,

Hats off, or shall I say MASKS off to a great paint job!(y) Paul loves it! I like the pants a lot. You're very skillful with a paint brush! I look forward to seeing him finished!

Jim

Attached Files:

9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well thats an interesting and different kit you are dealing with and your start is nice so far ! Waiting to see what you will do with the horse!
    I wish a nice finishing !

Best Regards

Costas
  10. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Jim and..Paul :D thank you for your kind words, much appreciated

Costas thank you for your feedback , i'm glad you like it

now i'm working with the horse , hope the next week to finish

cheers

stefano
  11. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    I read all the posts in this thread. . . .

Stephano:

I read all the posts in this thread of yours. And as I gathered from what you
    wrote, you were almost apologizing for using oils on the horse. I hope I am
    not getting the wrong impression. My friend. . . it is the end results that
    matter.. . . nothing else. I am sure you will do a beautiful job on the rendering
    of the horse.

For several years, I was using oils only. . . And I will say that they definitely
    have certain advantages, just like acrylics have certain advantages. Go for
    it. And I am sure your finished results will be remarkable and truly
    amazing. Oh my, . . .it is so hard to have confidence in ourselves, and believe
    that we can rise to the top. But you're right there. . . and it will be just what
    you're after . . . Good luck,

Kansas Kid
  12. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Thank you Rickkansaskid, you are very kind my friend, hope to do a good job with the horse even if i've never painted a horse in a so big scale.. 15 years ago when i began painting figures i starded with acrilycs because i thought was more simple than oils , but a friend of mine who is very skillful with the oils show me how the oils could work , now i like painting with oils after a basecoat with acrilycs, for me using oils is a must for a figure because of the great power oils have to mix the different tones of colours , but i know it depends of the own liking ..;)

cheers

stefano