1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Celt 3rd B.c. Art Girona 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotrec, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Hi everyone,

Finally I have got some pictures of my newest project. It is under progress, but not many things left.
    All opinions are very welcome.

celt01.jpg celt03.jpg celt05.jpg
    celt06.jpg celt07.jpg celt02.jpg
    pmfs, Ferris and Konstantin like this.
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very precise painting.
    Carl.(y)
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Great job on the tattoos I'm guessing you'll grubby him up a bit as he's very clean for a bloke who's just lopped somebodies swede off ?

Steve
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    excellent work sir! very nice and clean painting.
  5. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I have to finish the leather belt, than I will move to groundwork and once it is done, I will do some weathering. It scares the crap out of me, but this figure will look weird without blood and dirt.
    Meehan34 likes this.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I know how you feel. Nothing worse than getting a nice clean (and great) paint job all dirty. Have a look at him when finished with the baseing, you might decide he won't need much dirt except on the pants.
  7. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Mike. The whole idea from the beginning was to dirt him up a little bit plus add few drops of blood. My only concern is; I do not have any experience with weathering. That will be a good exercise :)

By the way, I was not very pleased with a first photosession. I am still learning how to photograph these little miniatures. So, I decided to take another session. This time I paid more attention and did not overexposed photos like the first time. The pictures did not come out flat and actually the miniature looks pretty close to what I have at my desk. Take a look again.

celt01a.jpg celt02a.jpg celt03a.jpg celt04a.jpg celt05a.jpg
    Meehan34 likes this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
  9. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent work Piotr! It has quite a "Cartacci look" and that is meant as a compliment!

I wouldn't worry too much about the weathering. Make sure your paint is really thin and build up the effect gradually. You'll discover on the way where to place the dirt and because the paint is so thin you will hardly notice any misplaced grime. Anyway, I know how you feel!

Adrian
    Meehan34 likes this.