1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cbfigurines

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bono, Dec 8, 2019.

1. bono Member

Merkava, Nap, NeilW and 3 others like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Bono!

First of all: Wish you great success with your new firm!

But regarding the figure:

Did you know this statue of Gen. Grant (scale 1:1), sculpted after the same photo, standing at the President Grant Presidencial Library in Starkville, Mississsippi?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

There are lot of pics to be found at the www.

Compare the proportions of the head/body, the shoulders and the likeness of the face - especially the length of the beard, the vest, length of his coat and so on...

You will also notice that the tree is leaning to the other side - which has an effect on the posture ...

[IMG]

I know, it sounds crazy, but:

With only a few small corrections (rank insignia, buttons) that could - without changing the face! - become a good Robert E. Lee!

[IMG]

Cheers
    Old Pete likes this.
  3. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    There´s a very pretty 120 mm-version from Fort Duquesne,and Andrea did him in in 54 mm,too.
  4. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Very beuatiful work ! Good luck for the futur and long life to Cbfigurines !:love:(y)
    Oda likes this.
  5. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A nice figure but as a portrait of Grant I think Martin's right in his assessment.

The first below is the original photo: much lighter beard. Let's forget about the angle of the tree Martin, perhaps a second photo was taken from the other side ;) (but it's freestanding anyway, so just needs spinning round).

UEG1.JPG UEG2.JPG UEG3.JPG

Above are the battle of Cold Harbour original, an early ACW one as a Brigadier General (note the ZZ Top style beard) and as President.

Also note his distinctive slightly raised/cocked brow (slightly pensive look) which seems to appear on most portraits.
  6. bono Member

Thank you for your feedback.(y)
    A very beautiful representation in Mississippi.

Forget the tree just turn. Just a mistake when staging for photography.
    This is my 54mm interpretation of the great man.

thank

Nap likes this.
  7. Merkava Active Member

France
    I was in the Greg's workshop with Charles when he started sculpting it. A very nice interpretation.