1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Cavalry Duel, Waterloo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ChaosCossack, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    This is really neat looks very very nice
  2. Hitguy Active Member

Russian-Federation
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Colin,
    Nicely done and congratulations on the finish. Great scene and well displayed.
    Cheers
    John
  4. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Great job Colin! I have this very same diorama on the work bench in a state of suspended completion, so seeing your finished version has given me a push to get mine done.

I have a question if you don't mind; I too have really re-worked the base and I was wondering if you found the fit and positioning of the figures on the stock base to be a problem? On mine I had to change the hussar's position significantly in order for the swords to match up. Just curious.
    Cheers;
    Glenn
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Chris, Steve, Hitguy and John... Thank you very much for your kind words and support.

Very much appreciated

Colin
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you for the compliments Glenn
    As for the fit... The factory base is buried in the final sculpted base, using the the original mounting holes for the figures. I only had to fiddle with the angle of the cuirassier's horse and push the Cuirassier just a hair to the left (as he is shying away from the Hussar's attack). It took a couple of dry fits to find the right position. For all the parts that effect the final fit, I find it worked out pretty good.

Thanx again and good luck with yours (don't hesitate to ask questions, I'm happy to help if I can)

Colin
  7. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent work Colin!! Very very nice!!! I wondered if you has already finished it, but now here it is!! Just Great!!!
    Congratulations for this piece of work!

Alexadnros
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Alexandros... Very kind. Nobody said I work fast :rolleyes:
  9. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    All I can do is echo the comments so far Colin- superbly executed! I really like the way you've "pushed" the Cuirassier almost off the edge of the vignette - adds to the feeling of peril immeasurably.

See you (and the vignette) in London on Saturday.

Cheers,

Brian
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice job Colin. I can't see myslef ever taking on something so ambitious so I particularly admire those who do and actually finish them, especially to this quality. Also nice to see a Belgian hussar rather than the usual Brit regiments.

Colin
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you Brian and Colin... Myself and this diorama will be in London Saturday, with bells on:joyful:.
    This was a very interesting and fun piece to do (grass not included:yuck:). Andrea did a fantastic job sculpting both figures with great detail and animation. The Allied cavalry countercharged to relieve the infantry squares and I think this vignette captures the surprise of the French horseman getting hit on the flank by the lighter, faster Hussar bursting out of the long grass... sneaky Duke. As soon as I saw this in the Andrea catalogue, I had to take a shot at it!

Thanks again, see you guys in London on Saturday

Colin
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I think that if the french have used the artillery more on the squares and Blucher did not reach the battlefield on time it would have been a different ballgame.
    Great worm mate and good luck with this impressive vignette.
  13. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    A battery of Horse Artillery brought to the top of the ridge overlooking the squares... a whiff of grapeshot and some supporting infantry... Napoleon would have died on the throne instead of on St Helena
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I like it, very dynamic vignette.:)

Pedro.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    i totally agree with you ,i don't know why such a military mastermind like him would not have done that.
  16. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    If you believe the film - piles and Marshal Ney's psychotic break.

Colin
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  17. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    No one can concentrate when they're dealing with the "Grapes of Wrath":grumpy:
    According to Nappy's Bio it was a combo of gout, hemmies and early symtoms of the stomache cancer that may have been the ultimate cause of his demise... And the fact that Ney was completely bonkers:wtf:
    MarquisMini likes this.
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    (y)