1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CASTELLA - 54 mm Piece for Collector

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAB, Jan 31, 2009.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Dear Friend of Planet after a short pause .....
    Public one of my recent work ...... Brigadier General Castella
    The subject is a single piece collection ..... the scale is 54 mm
    and the painting was given to Danilo.

The materials are always the same epoxy Putty , Brass, Lead etc..
    The base of the Horse and Metal Models in which I made the changes you see in
    Photo No. 7 ........ and are as follows ..... : I have somewhat increased the thickness between the two halves of about 1.5 mm,
    I have restored a little muscle mass and I rebuilt the head, neck, The mane and tail.
    The Putty is Magic Sculpt

The saddle is made with a puff of putty composed of a mix of A + B and Magic 30 +70%.
    everything else you see color Tan (Colletto - Chest - Tails and some decorations) is always a mix of A + B and Magic, but with different percentage 50 +50%.
    While the decorations on the hat, shoulder pads and The fur has been done with a mix of Duro and Magic
    with a rate of 35 +75% .

The face as usual and created a Milliput White and all the cords in Iron wire sweet for goldsmiths.

For those who did not know I wrote a Castella Small Biography

Good Reading and Good vision to All ... Naturally .... all the questions that the comments are welcome.

Greetings to All MAB :)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Général de brigade.

Nicolas-Antoine-Xavier
    Comte CASTELLA de BERLENS

Born May 24 1767, by a family for more than a century provided a number of elite officers to the King of France, went to 15 years in the Swiss Guards regiment of the Army Saxe.
    In January of 1792 he became aide-camp of Prince Xavier of Saxony, fighting against the French Republicani to restore the return of the King on the Throne of France ..... after the victory of the Republicano returned to Switzerland.
    In September of 1806 NAPOLEONE good knowledge of mankind and human resources available to him, gave him the command of the 2nd Regiment of the Swiss in the service of France.
    While it is deeply realistic CASTELLA served loyally Napoleon.
    From 1808 to 1810 he fought in Spain trying to quell the continuing guerrilla warfare, but was difficult to deal with a people determined to achieve their independence.
    Supposedly slimline 2nd Regiment Swiss decimated now back in France ..... where he was soon reinforced for 'imminent Russian Campaign
    Nell 'Castella October of 1812 was seriously wounded in the battle of Polotsk forced to abandon the Grande Armee returned to France.
    In 1813 he was appointed Brigadier General ..... but could not exercise its Charge because of his health.
    In the night between 19 and 20 March 1815 was convened by the Duke of Taranto, who gave him a mandate to defend its 4 Regimenti the Swiss Neo Kingdom of Louis XVIII to the return of Napoleon at home ..... but resistance was useless.
    Soon after ascending to the throne ... Napoleon, had to summon the General Castella, asking him to order his 4 Regimenti Swiss swear loyalty to serve again and their Emperor, Castella refused the order because it was contrary to his sense of honor, but he promised to report the 'Fédérale happened to diet and get back and fully respect their decision .......... on 4 April 1815 the diet Fédérale took the decision to return the 4 Regiments in Swiss homeland.
    Castella only returned to France in 1817 ...... He had all three of the Legion of Honor, Knight in 1809, Officer in 1812 and Commander in 1814 in addition to the Medal of St. Louis, always died in France in 1830 at the age of 63 years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

• CAST.jpg
      CAST.jpg
      File size:
      7.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice sculpt by you Maurizio and another world class painting job by Danilo, I was looking at this yesterday on the Figureinitaly forum, your collector is going to be one lucky person.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    wish I was the collector !
    very impressive piece
  4. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Superb work, as usually! Congratulations Maurizio and Danilo.
    M.
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Another masterpice Maurizio. Bravo to you, and Danilo.
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautifull sculpting and painting,collector is a very lucky person.

Steve
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Impressive sculpting, jaw-dropping paint. You guys are the dynamic duo!! Well done, thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
    OKc
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    F A N T A S T I C O !!!!! Well done my good friend Maurizio. Keep up this amazing work.

Xenofon
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Your a two of a kind.
    Maurizio and Danillo.... The Dreamteam.
    That collector should be very proud of this masterwork.

Marc
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Outstanding as usual Maurizio. My compliments also to Danilo

Stephen Mallia
  11. jbess New Member

France
    fantastic the best duo !
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    B R I L L I A N T !!!!!
    My respect

Costas
  13. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Superb piece of work, sculpting and painting!!
    I wish I was this collector.

Marcel.
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent sculpting and painting. Indeed, a lucky collector.
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Awesome as always Maurizo and please extend my compliments to Danilo as well.........

Ray ;)
  16. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Beautiful work! Thanks for posting.
  17. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Another beautifull collaboration. Bravissimo!
    John
  18. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    o)

Wonderful,
    dammage not a model to be produce ...o)

Daniel
  19. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!!!
    christos
  20. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Tommi - Patrick - Marcin - Tony - Steve - Jay - Xenofone - Marc - Stephen - Germain - Costas - Marcel - Guy - Rey - Brent - John - Daniel and Christos

Thank to all .... for the visits and for the Good Comments ... I well apreciate this and also Danilo.
    Unfortunately I not always present on the forum and I apologize for this ... but I am always very happy for your reception.

Saluti to all MAB :)