1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cardinal Richelieu

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Denis, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Denis Member

Canada
    Hi Gents

Another figure in progress. This is «Le Cardinal Richelieu» by Nemrod, Historex.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Comments are welcome. :)

Ciao

Denis
  2. s.walks New Member

England
    Love it a lot mate, nice warm red, Excellent.

Cheers Steve Walker
  3. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Denis,

looks very good to me. I especially like the reds and the skin tones.

Keep up your good work.

Cheers,
    Markus
  4. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Well done, Denis! My main area of interest is the medieval period with the occasional step backward to ancient Greeks and Romans. I've always liked this figure and it's one of the few pieces after the medieval period I've wanted. I think it's the contrast of the red robes of the church versus the gleam of the armor.

Again, well done.

Cheers,

Glen
  5. Calvin Member

Very nice rendition, the cape is very good. I was unaware of such figure from Historex, it's a 54 mm? I'm doing a bust of the same subject and I was charmed by the armour 'version', but having no more reference than the paint I've opted for the standard clothing.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice figure, really nice painting.
    If you have more of these, be so kind to post them.

Marc
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Denis,
    your reds are very nice!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. BnoA Member

France
    Hello Denis,
    From Quebec may be you speak french ??
    ça fait plaisir de voir cette figurine que j'ai sculpté il y a longtemps maintenant :(
    Elle est trés bien peinte ,félicitation. Quand tu mettras des photos de la peinture terminée, je me permettrais d'en garder quelques unes. Bonne continuation ;)
  9. Denis Member

Canada
    Thank you guys for your kind words.

It's very appreciate :)

Denis
  10. Denis Member

Canada
    Benoit

Je suis très honoré quelle te plaise.

C'est la deuxième figurine du Cardinal que je fais et j'en ai une troisième qui attend d'être terminé. Les deux sont des commandes de mes amis.

Je prendrai des photos une fois terminé et je pourrais te les envoyer à ton adresse perso si tu veux.

Merci pour tes commentaires. Quand ça vient du «créateur» de la figurine c'est toujours un honneur :)

Ciao

Denis
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Denis, the whole figure is extremely well done but the reds REALLY set your figure off. What sort od scene will it be set in?

Jim Patrick
  12. Denis Member

Canada
    Hi Jim

He will stand alone, but here's a pic of the Original painting. I saw this painting at Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and It's very big :eek:

[IMG]

May be one day I'll do the dio ;)

Ciao

Denis
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Denis,

I have always liked this figure and you are doing a very nice job on it and thanks for the orginial print.

Joe
  14. arthur Member

Canada
    Denis,
    Another beauty from under your paintbrushes (y)
    I think you should do the dio ;)
    Cheers,

A.
  15. Denis Member

Canada
    Joe and Arthur

Thank you guys :)

For the dio ...I really don't know, but I think it's your kind of challenge Arthur ;)

Ciao

Denis
  16. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Lovely job. I love the red work!!! :)

How did you do the plate armour?

Rudi
  17. Edward A Fixture

England
    Excellent, love the face. This is the first time I've seen this figure, may have to look into getting it. Yes, I'm interested about how you did the armour too..
  18. Denis Member

Canada
    Thank you Edward and Rudi

The silver parts was paint using Humbrol silver no11 and the black is a mix with Humbrol Matt black and Silver No11 in a ratio of 3 parts of black for 1 silver.

Ciao

Denis