1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Carabiniere MSU

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by slaj, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,

I echo all the compliments! (y) Great work and I can't wait to see more! I also would like to know what scale this is and did you sculpt the entire head or have you modified one?

Joe
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,

I echo all the compliments! (y) Great work and I can't wait to see more! I also would like to know what scale this is and did you sculpt the entire head or have you modified one?

Joe
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    It looks terrific Stephen, especially the Berreta. I have the typical questions; medium, and scale?
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    It looks terrific Stephen, especially the Berreta. I have the typical questions; medium, and scale?
  5. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    great work!!!!! i'm impressed!
  6. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    great work!!!!! i'm impressed!
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Wow! Please post more!

-jim cox
  8. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Wow! Please post more!

-jim cox
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for all your comments. I try to answer all the questions at one go. The head is a resin casting of a dummy I did myself. What I do is sculpt a basic featureless head and then cast it. When I need one I just sculpt all the features back. That way I know I have the scale constant and make sure that all the faces don't look alike. Tha scale is 120mm and mediums used are milliput and MS. The basic structure is made of metal though. It's sheet metal used by printing establishments. Then all is built up around the metal for better strength during the casting process. The barrel and folding butt are syringe needles of the appropriate diameter. With regards to a STS on the rifle I have a few other pics in progress that I will post

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for all your comments. I try to answer all the questions at one go. The head is a resin casting of a dummy I did myself. What I do is sculpt a basic featureless head and then cast it. When I need one I just sculpt all the features back. That way I know I have the scale constant and make sure that all the faces don't look alike. Tha scale is 120mm and mediums used are milliput and MS. The basic structure is made of metal though. It's sheet metal used by printing establishments. Then all is built up around the metal for better strength during the casting process. The barrel and folding butt are syringe needles of the appropriate diameter. With regards to a STS on the rifle I have a few other pics in progress that I will post

Stephen Mallia
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    and another one

Attached Files:

12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    and another one
  13. Pete_H New Member

I'm looking forward to your SBS on making the Beretta. Personally, I'm having trouble finding a 54mm StG44 and Tommy gun, and I was dreading the prospect of having to scratchbuilding. Perhaps I'll take a shot at it after reading your notes.

Again, thanks
  14. Pete_H New Member

I'm looking forward to your SBS on making the Beretta. Personally, I'm having trouble finding a 54mm StG44 and Tommy gun, and I was dreading the prospect of having to scratchbuilding. Perhaps I'll take a shot at it after reading your notes.

Again, thanks
  15. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Stephen, thats a fantastic piece of work, well done (y)
  16. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Stephen, thats a fantastic piece of work, well done (y)
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen!

I will echo all the other comments. The weapon is simply superb! The face is really good too for that matter! Will look forward to your future installments!
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen!

I will echo all the other comments. The weapon is simply superb! The face is really good too for that matter! Will look forward to your future installments!
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for all the comments cause they really keep you going. Unfortunately I have no more in progress shots of the assault rifle. The ones I have I posted. What I can say about the construction process is that when handling something like this I try to work in sub-constructions. Like painting in sub assemblies and then attach everything later. That way you make life easier. If the piece is going through the casting process you would have to plan ahead and make things a little more rigid. The weapon is at least 3 major pieces but all are pinned between each other so the whole thing results stronger.Anyway, any questions you might have just fire away maybe I forgot to point something out

Stephen
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys for all the comments cause they really keep you going. Unfortunately I have no more in progress shots of the assault rifle. The ones I have I posted. What I can say about the construction process is that when handling something like this I try to work in sub-constructions. Like painting in sub assemblies and then attach everything later. That way you make life easier. If the piece is going through the casting process you would have to plan ahead and make things a little more rigid. The weapon is at least 3 major pieces but all are pinned between each other so the whole thing results stronger.Anyway, any questions you might have just fire away maybe I forgot to point something out

Stephen