1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Captured (Vignette)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by YongA01, Oct 25, 2006.

1. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    One of the most lovely thing living in a multi racial country such as Malaysia is the amount of public holidays we got. With the Hindu Deevali and Muslim Raya celebrations near to each other, we got a straight 5 days off work including the weekend. Therefore I had the opporunity to complete this long overdue Vignette. Given all the "2 in 1" trends in armour. This vignette entitled "CAPTURED, Hungary 1944" is also a 2 in 1 stories where the GI CAPTURED a POW and at the same time The Rooster CAPTURED a little worm for lunch... Hope you like it !!!

Happy Modelling
    Allan Yong

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    WOW :eek: Amazing work, Allan! Beautiful painting (y)
    Rooster with worm is a real masterpiece! How did you paint it? Painting and idea...lovely, just lovely :lol:

Best regards
    Artur
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent diorama Alex. I like the composition and the rooster is very well painted. I think you should call it "The Early Bird".
  4. Frank-Holger Member

Well done! I love the Rooster!! What scale is it? Looks a bit like 120mm, but that could be the Rooster from the Tamiya Farm Animals?

Perfect paintup and nice presentation!

Frank
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Allan,
    excellent work! Love the chicken. I like Johns title suggestion as well! Frank, this has to 1/35, that is one of Alpine's US tanker kits standing there in 35th. Great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. je_touche Member

Germany
    Thist must be the best painted piece of poultry I ever saw in the scale. Lovely.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Allan - That is just marvelous! What a great idea for a vignette! The rooster with ex-worm is terrific.

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Allan, your vignette looks great, my compliments.
    By the way the chicken is making me hungry, I love fried chicken.... :lol: :lol:

Cheers
    Roc.
  9. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Artur

As for the rooster...preshape different color tones (always start with darker base color) as you desire, then use a good W&N Series 7 000 brush with thins transparent paint mixture and paint the feather one by one. The flow of the brush stroke should follow how the feather build up. Start from darkest color slowly build up to the ligthest. It took me about 3 hours to complete this rooster.

Good luck
    Allan
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work Allan.The painting is great and the rooster is awesome!!!
    best regards
    christos
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    nice work Alan, dynamic composition and great paintjob. BRAVOOO
  12. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thanks for answer, Allan. Very impressive paintjob.
    Can't wait to see your next project! :)

cheers!
    Artur
  13. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great work but the greens look a bit strange (especially the german uniform). It might be the photo of course.
    And I'm eating chicken too this evening! But without the worm.
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice job. The rooster is the centerpiece of the composition. I like it.~Gary
  15. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Bravo my friend! Not only your paint work is getting better, but also your narrative abilities too with each passing project.
    I suppose the Indonesian haze was also another contributing factor to staying indoors to get this over-dued project completed. :lol:
    Looking forward to seeing in the flesh soon ;)

Calvin
  16. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Allan,
    It's been a long time, but you prove you still got it. And getting better and better.
    When will I see you again (Dutch IPMS nationals, Lier show, Antwerp show,...)?

Greetz and I hope we'll meet soon,

Gino
  17. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Calvin,
    Thank you sir, lots to learn from you....Unfortunately Mon trip to S'pore cancelled last minute due to some urgent org announcement to be taken care.... will definitely bring it to show you guys in my next visit....

Hi Gino,
    Thanks. Still waiting for Company business trip that will meet one of those shows but I think my trip to Europe likely to be Q1 2007, no exact date yet...will definitely trying to catch hold of you in my next visit.

Allan
  18. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    No worries my friend. We'll catch it the next time you fly into town.

Calvin
  19. seal New Member

Aloha evrybody

This vignette's beautifule and very good, and the paintd is very well!
    But...american soldire never captured nobody in Hungary, and this time never walked this country!
    But this is very good vignette!!Really
    Change the title, to my mind

Aloha and have a nics day!
  20. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Aloha...

You are absolutely right..I screwed up the title. Thanks to Ron Volstad..he suggested Lorraine 1945 which will nicely fit the vignette I put together

Chao
    Allan :)