1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Captain Teague; Keeper of the Code (keith Richards)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by captnenglish, Oct 29, 2019.

1. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Some of you probably saw these on Facebook, but here are a couple of photos of the mock up of the main elements of a PoTC inspired vignette I'll be working on as soon as I have room on my workbench. 75mm from 9th Gate Miniatures. Ill be adding a second figure from Best Soldier.

Captain-Teague.jpg potc1.jpg potc2.jpg BEST_75005_ml.jpg
    Osebor, Oda, tiberius57 and 8 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    looks good.
    I didn't know that Keith was playing in that movie.

Marc
    anstontyke and captnenglish like this.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    It was one of the later ones in the series On Stranger Tides, as Captain Jack's (Johnny Depp) father
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for sharing this , a great idea , the 9th gate pieces look packed with details with the Best Soldies I tying in Neely as well

Look forward to seeing this on your bench

Happy benchtime

Nap

PS Why not enter something into FOTM as well ?
    Oda and captnenglish like this.
  5. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This will be lovely when painted and one of those little masterpieces that you just keep looking at taking in all the wee details.
    TERRY
    captnenglish likes this.
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States

Thank you, I certainly hope so.
  7. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great choices Matt. Love it.
    captnenglish likes this.
  8. Jim Active Member

Some thought Keith wasn't wearing any make up for his role!:LOL:
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States

Thank you. I agree, the 9th Gate figures are quite nice. FOTM requires me to actually finish something lol
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I couldn't find the seated pirate on 9th Gate Miniatures web site - is this a conversion or not yet listed?

Mike
    tiberius57 likes this.
  11. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada

This is an outstanding piece from 9yh Gate Miniatures. As Mike noted above, I couldn't find it either listed on their website.
    Can somebody put a light on this?
    Can't wait to see this painted along with the figure from Bestsoldiers. I like the base too. It will be a great composition.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States

it's from their most recent kickstarter; I assume it will be commercially available in the foreseeable future.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  13. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Bought thisone too. They also have Lemmy and will release Steven Tyler. Both pirates so a vignette with these three is in the making.
    I'm looking for more trunks, coins and jewelry to pimp it up. Any suggestions where to get those?