1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Captain Reginald Younghusband

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Richie, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    It's been a while since I have created any new Zulu war projects just for me, so here is my latest. This is my little vignette of Captain Reginald Young husband on the start of his forlorn charge on the slopes of Isandlwana.
    I have been working on this one for the last week or so, but it has been on my to do list for more than a year but always got pushed back because of other projects. This is a personal project and will not be released.
    I have a bit more tidying up and detailing to add, I have to make the sword slings, holster, straps and ammunition pouch. Then I will still painting over the Christmas break.
    cheers
    Richie

younghusband.jpg Captain Younghusband.jpg final 1.jpg final 2.jpg final 3.jpg final 4.jpg final 5.jpg final 6.jpg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Richie

WOW!!!....,,,what a great piece of modelling , both figures look excellent but the work on the Zulu really tells a story

Following this with interest

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Richie and Oda like this.
  3. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent sculpting Richie.
    Richie likes this.
  4. Cannonball A Fixture

Fantastic looking set Richie. Great action pose and composition. Shame it won’t be available.

Neal
    Richie likes this.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Nap, Michael & Neal,
    Thank you so much lads really appreciated. I break up on Friday for Christmas so the paints are getting a dust off on Saturday.

Hi Nesl,
    I thought about it but the way it's built especially the Zulu's cow tails would just be impossible to cast.
    cheers
    Richie
    Nap likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie

Look forward to the brushes ...can't stop looking at the Zulu .....the way he is positioned over the base is very dramatic

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    Richie likes this.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can see why you went for this scene mate, very dynamic with the Zulu laying beneath him, works very well and catches the eye.
    Nice one mate and looking forward to some paint added to it over Christmas.
    Cheers mate
    Steve
    Richie likes this.
  8. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Impressively done.

Mike
    Richie likes this.
  9. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Great work Richie, nice sculpting and love the pose, reminds me of a bronze statue I've seen in the National Army museum, Chelsea, keep at it mate (y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    Richie likes this.
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim,
    Thank you I actually took inspiration from the statue of Walter Hamilton V.C. so that is the one you have probably seen mate.
    cheers
    Richie

Hi Nap, Steve, Mike and Jim,
    Thank you all for your support and very kind words, I'm looking forward to getting on with this one and a few others.
    cheers
    Richie
    Jimbo likes this.
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi Richie, yeah that's it mate, he's stood over a dying Afghan whilst firing his revolver if I remember, very dramatic pose, well you've done the inspiration justice mate, it looks really good, looking forward to seeing the paint on it, nice one Richie (y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    Richie likes this.
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim,
    Here it is,
    cheers
    Richie
    hamiltonwalterr.jpg final 3.jpg
    marco55, Cannonball and Babelfish like this.
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great little vignette that Richie. There's always something tragically compelling about those stories of Victorian gentlemen officers meeting their end in a final, gallant, futile stand against hordes of ferocious fuzzy-wuzzy types (oops .... can I say that?! :eek:).

I'm sure it would be popular were you to decide to release it at a later date, but totally your decision of course. Best wishes!

- Steve
    Blind Pew, Nap and Richie like this.
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    I agree, the battles of the Victorian soldier are full of them. Death before dishonour.
    As I stated earlier it would be impossible to cast certain parts due to the way it is built.
    cheers
    Richie
    Babelfish likes this.
  15. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Richie likes this.
  16. custer760 Well-Known Member

Lovely work Jim and very dramatic....love your ideas,you have a nack of bringing these projects off in a great way.Following this with interest.
    Regards
    Pete
    Richie likes this.
  17. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Action poses can be challenging, and you really nailed this one. Beautiful work! (y)(y)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    Richie likes this.
  18. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Phil, Pete & Ken,
    Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I planned to get painting this weekend but had such a good time with this one I have started to lay down some base coats on the Zulu and groundwork.
    cheers
    Richie (not Jim):D
    base coating.jpg
    Jimbo, Nap, Graham and 1 other person like this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie

Like you were all having a good time with this

Thanks for sharing

Happy Christmas to you and all family hope

Happy benchtime

Nap

PS Whose this "Jim" bloke ....lol
    Jimbo and Richie like this.
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    A small update, I have the base completed and most of Younghusband & the Zulu blocked in. Starting to work now on the faces.
    cheers
    Richie
    RY3.jpg RY1.jpg RY2.jpg
    marco55, Martin64, Nap and 1 other person like this.