1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Captain J. B. De Roquemaurel, Chasseur De Montagne

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Lasalle, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Hi to all! Here's another edit to a piece of "Metal Modeles". This time I enjoyed making an "Officier des Chasseur de montagne", in particular the Captain Jean Baptiste de Roquemaurel. Born in 1771 in France, de Roquemaurel was first lieutenant of the Infantry Regiment of Dauphinè, then an officer of Hussars and finally "Mountain hunters Officer" in Spain, where he was soon nicknamed "the terror of the Spanish" and "Hombre del Demonio"... He was engaged in Spain from 1808 to 1810, and was marked in many counter-insurgency operations against rebels.
    I hope you post soon pictures of the finished piece!
    Andrea

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    very nice sculpt. I can only hope that MM can do a 75 mm from there outstanding range of Napoleontic figures.

Marc
    Lasalle likes this.
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice idea, look forward to seeing the completed piece,

Keith
  5. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Here are photos of the finished part ...

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack and Edorta like this.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Lasalle likes this.
  7. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Thanks Eduardo! Frankly, I prefer to leave it without a mustache. About the pompon ... ... I forgot it! :whistle::whistle:
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nice work! I dig the slightly faded, weathered quality of the fabric colours.

Another winner!

Colin
    Lasalle likes this.
  10. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Thanks Colin!
    Andrea
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Andrea , very nice work! ,perhaps it would be better to have a different color of background so the uniform color stays out more ,just an observation.
    i haven't try any M.Modeles figures yet ,but they seem to be a great sculpting and cast quality.
    thanks for posting the history of the subject you've portryed here,always add interest and more apreciation to the figure.
    As usual with your work, awesome painting.(y)
    cheers
  12. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Thanks Marquis! I try to post new pictures with a different background. I hope it is better now ...

Attached Files:

13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Those are great pics Andrea , ihope you understand what i meant about the background , i wasn't try to critisize your work .
    I can see the figure and uniform features much better with the new pics, i love the pose of the figure and you did a great job on painting it. :)
    cheers
    Lasalle likes this.