1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Captain Hussar 75mm Pegaso (update I)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi PF,

This is one of my 2 current projects. I've been messing around with this for while but I think
    I'm getting to a satisfatory point with it.
    In the first post I said that I was going to paint the 5th regiment... Well...that didn't turned well, I was officially quicked in the butt by the light blue of the uniform, so I turned to 4th regiment one (art box's one). So the horse saddle also had to be painted in another color, the more common red!
    The leopard skin totally tested my patience... it's bory as hell to do all those spots.
    Right now, the only major thing to do in the horse are the straps (and ground work), and maybe a touch here and there, but generally it's done.
    Hope you like the work so far.

hussar9.jpg hussar10.jpg hussar11.jpg hussar12.jpg

Best Regards
    Pedro
  2. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pedro
    Superb painting of both horse and the leopardskin shabraque. I painted this one a while ago and it is a great kit.
    Gordon
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work on the horse and the shabraque. I hope when I started mine I got it half as nice as yours.

Marc
  4. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    The horse looks fantastic. This is going to be a great piece when its all finished. Looking forward to seeing more
  5. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Looking very nice Pedro. Super work on both the dapple grey and the leopard skin.

Alex.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks great Pedro.
    Was everything done in acrylics? The dapple looks really good

Colin
  7. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You guys, happy that you all liked :)
    Yes Colin, only acrylics... I always forget to mention.

Regards
    Pedro
  8. Gijs Member

United-States
    It is fan-tas-tic. One thing I see, and really don't want to criticise, but there is a small red dot on his left front leg. Don't know if you've noticed. But everything else is more than superb. Congratulations!
  9. Gijs Member

United-States
    Sorry there are two red dots on his left leg. One just above the horse's knee, and the other one on the highest part of his leg. Just saying, because for the rest it is pefect!
  10. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal

You're quite right!! Need to make that disappear!
    Thank You for your comment, glad you liked.

Regards
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Amigo Pedro, brutal!!! pintura profissional - muito à frente. Talvez o melhor cavalo que já vi pintado. Parabéns!

Pedro, this one blew me away my friend, this is very professional paint maybe the best horse i´ve ever seen. Congratulations.

Abraço,
    Pedro.
  12. Ferris A Fixture

That horse is stunning Pedro!

Adrian
  13. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    BRILLIANT WORK FRIEND

ALEXANDROS
  14. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You
    Pedro, Adrian and Alexandros, you're too kind :)

Regards
    Pedro
  15. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    very nicely painted
    I know by experience ( having done the same horse and pattern) that this is probabbly the most difficult pattern to paint on a horse ..

well done !!
    marc
  16. swralph A Fixture

nicely painted
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  18. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Wow, that is brilliant, Pedro! The dapple grey on the horse is superb and I love the leopard skin.
    Very impressive, looking forward to watching this one progress.
    Cheers
  19. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning paintwork, the leopard skin although boring to do was well worth the effort. :D
  20. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Pedro

Congratulations on too very difficult patterns - dappling and leopard skin - both rendered flawlessly.

Colin