1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Captain Alatriste 1625.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mark761214, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mark761214 A Fixture

South-Korea

Attached Files:

Wheels, tbolt7, combatartist and 26 others like this.
  2. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice scene and excellent paint work......first class !
    Steve
  3. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Lovely paintjob on the figure and the scene!
    Very nice job how you added the floor and the stairs!
    Eddy
  4. Konstantin A Fixture

Ukraine
    Perfect paintwork.Nice blendings.
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    +1 beautiful painting (y)
  6. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    very fine work and nice setting! bill
  7. fear-max Member

Italy
    Very nice and fantastic scene(y)
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Agree 100 %.

marc
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Great painting and nice backdrop.
    Cheers
    John
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb as ever.
    Carl.(y)
  11. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Superb work Ki - love the brick work !!(y)
  12. mao A Fixture

Italy
    Wonderful paintjob!
  13. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow, . . . a beautiful example of colour harmony. . . among many other
    things.

Congratulations on a lovely presentation,

Kansas Kid
  14. artillero Member

United-States
    Just great. You really managed to bring him to life!!!. Congratulations on a great work. (y)
  15. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    You have done a wonderful paint job on this kit and the senic base is something to be proud of . But for me this Andrea kit has not captured the Captain Alatriste as discribed in the books ( I have read all most all of them ) first he was very much a ladies man , so he should be handsome or rugged , he is also described with cold steel eyes with his own sense of honour , in short a handsome killer, this is something this kit lacks .
    So all in all you have done a marvellous job here but for me this is not Alatriste from the books due to the kit .
    chippy
  16. artillero Member

United-States
    True, Gordon, the kit is not perfect (you may check the Elite kit on the subject; perphaps you would like it more), however, your opinion about "not capturing" the "real" Captain is more debatable. I have read all books in the series (indeed, I have read all the novels of Pérez-Reverte), and I don´t think that Alatriste is a ladies man at all, or handsome, for that matter. He is somehow described as attractive to them, but very far from being a Don Juan, he only falls in love once and have a loveless relationship with his landlady...why, Iñigo tells that, even in campaign, he keeps away from women. He distrusts them, and continually tries to prevent Iñigo from geting too close to Angélica, because he knows it will bring only problems to him.

In any case, the figure is based on the illustrations that come with the Spanish editions of the novels. There are even a couple of comic-books by the same artist (I tried to attach images, hope they will appear). Again, I agree that the kit could be better, but it is no so different from the idea of the character we´ve got in Spain (due to the illustrations). By the way, did you watch the movie? Did you like it?

Best regards,

Manuel
  17. artillero Member

United-States
  18. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Manuel , thanks for your input on Alatriste . My meaning of a ladies man means a man WOMEN are attracted to unlike a Don Juan who chases women and goes out of his way to win them over . In the Sun over Breda wasn't the wife in the house they were billeted in more than happy to share his bed while the husband was too frightened to do anything and grateful for the coin brought in by them staying there . Maybe it is something in translation that gives me the impresstion I have of Alatriste . No I have never been able to see the movie . Every outlet who list it in the UK never seem to have stock . I even joined a movie club where you had to rent two movies a month because they listed it . After six months of it not being available I cancelled my subscription . I have seen clips on youtube and I'm desperate to see it . Yes I much prefer the Elite interpretation.
    chippy
  19. meizi Active Member

China
    Great paintjob.
  20. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow Ki, after looking over your previous work this is just another signatory example of perfection, Classic! From the base and stone work right up to the brim of the hat, Superb!(y)(y) Sure love your work, makes me try harder to hone my skills.

Cheers, Ski.:D