1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Captain Adc To Marshal Suchet 1811

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Finally I get to the light at the end of the tunnel with the 4th figure I've painted and first in 75mm. It was a hard process for me with lots of work in it and once more I learned something more about painting figures. However it was a lot of fun, and now that is done I'm proud of it, despite knowing that I have to perfect some things, specially painting skin, which I find very dificult.
    The base was done by my grandfather, so my Thanks to him.
    Another "Thank You" to those who help me across the way this tips and suggestions, specially Colin(ChaosCossack), who sometimes showed more enthusiasm than me about the painting of this figure!! Thank You!
    I guess Maurizio Bruno (MAB) hear this a lot, but excellent sculpt you got here, Congratulations!! Keep doing this amazing figures, I hope for a long long time ;)
    Pictures of completed work:

adc30.jpg adc31.jpg adc33.jpg anjou32.jpg adc34.jpg adc35.jpg adc36.jpg adc37.jpg

Thank You for stop by.

Regards
    Pedro
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Only your 4th figure! You're kidding! Very well done Pedro.... and to your Grandfather, he did a good job too.

Roger.
  3. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    You should be proud of this one
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Congrats Pedro on a job well done.... Be proud of this work!
    The red and blue turned out very well as did the skintones but I am most impressed by the final result of the lacing and braiding... excellent!
    Thank you for the mention... you are always welcome. I thought you were getting discouraged at one point, so that's when I jumped in with some encouragement because you were really doing well with a dificult figure. We have similar subject interests and are both still learning as we go... we have to stick together!! You have given me lots of good advice and observations on my projects as well. One can only learn with the help of others.
    Do you have another Napoleonic figure in line for paint? I am following your progress with great interest.

Again, great job!!!!

Colin
  5. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Sir! 4th figure? Wow. Congrats(y)
  6. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you friends for the comments!!
    Yes I'm proud!! Turned out quite well!
    Yes Colin, this one almost blew out my head... thanks for the support ;) This forum is really a gift, lot's of people, some pro's, others not that much, but all can learn with each other and share our passion for the hobby, so that it can grow even more.
    Right now, besides the Standardbearer from pegaso which is turning quite good I think, I have in my grey army 3 more figures: 54mm Andrea Templar Seargent primed and ready to paint for sometime now, Pegaso 75mm Aquilifer just cleaned and Romeo 75mm Spanish Noble which will be a great headache. So no Napoleonics, but I think I might get one, the Pegaso 75mm Pegaso Mtd Hussar Captain... greater headache, but now that I know how to paint hussars maybe it can be more easy, in a way of not have to find out how it is done, but the horse would be a problem, cause it's the first.
    Keep on the good work on your Chasseur... not easy also....

Regards
    Pedro
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is extremely well painted. And your fourth figure??????
    Keep painting, you are a talented painter.

marc
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  8. jan willem stokkers Member

Netherlands
    Love the paint job and yess extremly well painted. I love these Pegaso Napoleon period figures! The groundwork is also great and it makes a nice scène!

Gr.JW
    tiberius57 likes this.
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Totally agree.
    Very nice work!!!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  10. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Glad you enjoyed it Pedro, and it shows.
    Congratulations to you and your grandfather,
    Carl.(y)