1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Captain, 1st 'Gen. Markov' Officers' Regt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jjgurk, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Just a couple of quick shots that I took this morning. It's a 54mm Warriors, I still need to fine detail it, add the sword, and finish the base. John

Attached Files:

2. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Second pic..

Attached Files:

3. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    How the heck is it your away from figs for 2 years and can do such fine work and I'm away a few months and have to relearn everything? ;) Very nice i like that fig alot. Well there is another i won't have to mess with anytime soon :) Brock
  4. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Brock, thanks for the comments. I am about finished with the base, next up the sword and a few minor details. John

Attached Files:

5. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi John.
    Great job on this figure.
    Is it resin or metal?
    Love the black and the skin tone you've done.
    cheers
    jaume
  6. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Juame, Thanks for the kind comments! It's a resin figure painted in oils. John
  7. jjgurk Member

United-States
    I scratchbuilt the sword and did some final touch up. Comments welcome.

John

Attached Files:

8. jjgurk Member

United-States
    second pic.

Attached Files:

9. jjgurk Member

United-States
    final pic.

Attached Files:

10. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Nice painting and great presentation. Looks like everything came together very well, particularly for a black uniform!

(Your name sounds familiar. Are you the same John Gauerke who's friends with Mark Muller down in Ohio?)
  11. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    John,

Nicely done ! If I may return the request you made of me a while back, are you bringing him to the Guelph show in March ? Pleeeze !

By the way, could you share your colour mixes for painting and shading the black ?

Thanks, and we'll see you in Guelph !

Brian
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I really like it John. Great work on the blacks. I also like the groundwork, simple and neat.
  13. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Nice job!

-jim cox
  14. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Brian, yes I'll have him at the Guelph show. I look forward to seeing you there.

For the blacks, i use a mix of W&N mars black and flesh as a base and this mix is progressively lightened till I achieve the desired highlights. The shadows and deep shadows are a mix of W&N mars black and prussian blue.

John