1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Capt MERCER . RHA. 1815 MMM 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mick3272, Jun 20, 2015.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Yes. Spent a while making sure they fit flush and touch wood they will be good as gold, So not having negative thoughts about it.

Mick
    Graham likes this.
  2. JonH Active Member

Looking great Mick.
    Braid looks excellent.
    Jon
    P.S. i saw that you block-painted the gold and then infilled with dark blue.Was that a dark wash or neat paint?
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Jon.
    Yes block painted the gold with model air gold via the air brush, the damped it down with a brush with vallejo Old Gold as it was to bright. Then Andrea Dark Prussian Blue diluted into a wash, its had four coats at the moment. When the arms are attaced it will need a few more coats.

Mick
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Greetings,
    At long last I have progress and able to post a few pics as I had to wait for a new lead to download pics.
    I have finished the Pelisse but every time I look at it the braid needs a little touch up. The upper body is near enough done starting on the belt and trousers.
    Work on the helmet is still going on, I have probably finished the face. I must say its the best by far I have ever done so dont want to sod it up.
    Please feel free to comment good or bad.
    Mick
    IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPG IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPG
    ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  5. Graham A Fixture

England
    Looking good to me Mick, the braiding looks very nice.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

That's the thing it does look ok but you only have to move it slightly in the light and you see you have missed a bit. Its like the forth bridge.

Mick
  7. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How did I miss this.??

Mick! This is excellent work all round!(y). When it comes together, I have a feeling it's going to be one of those 'Cheeky-Numbers', that stick in one's mind!

Following with interest and anticipation. ;)

High Regards,

Mark.
    mick3272 likes this.
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    Probably busy with ya nuts........ ;)
    billyturnip likes this.
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Possibly! :D

Funny-Squirrel-80.jpg . :whistle:

Mark.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. mick3272 A Fixture

Greetings,
    At long last the head has come together, I feel its as good as its going to get not wanting to tempt providence and balls it up. But in saying that any advice gratefully received and if within my capabilities I will give it a go.
    Mick

IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0149.JPG
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice, neat and precise buddy.
    That's gonna look great above that beautiful pelisse !

Good luck with the fiddly bits to come.

Paul
    mick3272 likes this.
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking really good so far. Definitely one of my favourite British uniforms of the era.
    Braiding is usually a horror for me but I like how you painted it first then washed around it... I guess that works best if the lace is sculpted in very strong relief. I must give it a try.

Carry on, but as others have said, don't rush it!

Colin
    mick3272 likes this.
  13. JonH Active Member

That face looks very good indeed, even when the photo is blown up !
    This is going to be a fabulous figure.
    Jon
    mick3272 likes this.
  14. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks ALL . For your kind comments.

Paul. Dont know about the fiddly bits, the trousers for some unknown reason best known to themselves are giving me severe jip.Very nearly turned it into a bust yesterday In the end just had to walk away try again this afternoon.

Colin. Yes as the braid is so strong and the figure so big it seemed the best way around it. I first tried this out on a 120mm RHA Officer Crimea and it worked on that scale too so I think I will stick with this method until it lets me down.

Jon. Yes Im pleased with the face, Its the best face I have ever painted my a mile. I even contacted a PF member prior to this to see if I could have a private master class from him as they have been so bad in the past, This makes me look a bit of a plank.

Thank again for the comments
    Mick
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  15. Graham A Fixture

England
    The face is good. I must admit I prefer the more natural look rather than the high contrast that many appear to have. Probably because I cannot achieve the high contrast look....
    ChaosCossack and mick3272 like this.
  16. mick3272 A Fixture

Graham.
    I'm just thankful it comes out looking like a face not ghost like scarecrow or snowman.

Mick