1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Capt MERCER . RHA. 1815 MMM 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mick3272, Jun 20, 2015.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Paul, Graham.
    See how the grouting goes all being well should finish the jacket today.

Mick
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Harsh on yourself the mate, your painting's better than grouting :D

I'm not even gonna say sorry for spotting that yahey !
    Have a good day's daubing mate.
    Paul
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Greetings all.
    Well progress is slow, as not been a good painting week but the jacket has come on a lot. will do final high lights etc when the arms are attached but before the arms go on will do the sash. ( and finish painting the arms.
    Please feel free to comment and give advice.

IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0106.JPG

Thanks
    Mick
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks well mick, liking the metallics !
    Paul
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Paul.
    I've looked at the braid from all angels and lights and all appeared ok, having looked at the pics on screen there seems to be a bit more work to do.
    it's getting to be like the Forth Bridge.

Mick
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank god the forth bridge has rivets not buttons eh !
    I know the problems bud I have Carl Reid's chasseur a cheval 1/9th bust and it's buttons all the way ;)
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
    This is coming along very well Mick. I wish I could do the gold braiding etc (etc is a technical term for 'I don't know it's proper name) as neatly as this. One thing I have learned is that pictures as close as these will never show how it looks in normal vision. When I paint with the opti visor on, I always take it off an put me glasses on to see how it really looks.
  8. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Graham,
    I use one of those big Craft lights with a daylight bulb wrapped around the edge, Due to old age I keep forgetting to put my modeling glasses on and use my bi focals, which believe it or not don,t help. Have been thinking about getting an opti visor how do you get on with them, was going to have a look at them at Euro this year.
    Thanks
    Mick
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I just use a daylight bulb and desk lamp, but use different strengths of one pound reding specs, so I have +1.5, +2 and +2.5 all with the sticky labels still on the lenses.
    I just think of them as the optical equivalent of big, middle and skinny paint brush.
    Works for me.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. Graham A Fixture

England
    Couldn't live without it. However, I made the mistake of getting a cheap one with plastic interchangeable lenses which are not as good as the real thing. Proper Optivisor has glass lenses which are sharper and do not distort. I will replace mine with a proper one one day so I saved nothing by going the cheap route.
  11. Graham A Fixture

England
    I have to wear 2.5 just to read lol
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking good graham,I'm very interested to see how you tackle this one,I have the bust version in my grey army,I look forward to seeing this one finished
  13. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Graham. Will look at them at Euro if you have any more info. can you PM me please.
    Thanks Smudger. Wish you had started your bust before me, it would have given me a starter for ten.

Thanks
    Mick
    smudger1960 likes this.
  14. Graham A Fixture

England
    This is Mick's not mine, God, I wish lol
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I apologise for that mistake Mick,that's what you get through not paying proper attention to your post,I will look forward to seeing the full piece mate,I'm sure you will do the piece proud mate,don't rush it :)
  16. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree
    Paul
  17. Huw63 A Fixture

It's looking really good so far. I'm looking forward to the next instalment.

As for Optivisor - I couldn't live without it.

Cheers

Huw
  18. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Huw, Just finished the jacket and sash about 10 mins ago, sleeves still need a bit of work,. Getting there slowly.

Ive been looking on the net with info that graham sent me but want to try them on before I shell out.

Thanks Mick
  19. mick3272 A Fixture

Greetings.

A little more progress.

IMG_0113.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0111.JPG IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0108.JPG

Fig 1. Eyes put in just need some slight touch up, Face base coat,in Brown Sand, next job start on the highlights
    Fig 2. Rear view More work to do when arms are attached, sash done just a few touch ups. base coat for pants.
    Fig 3, 4, Pelisses Scarlet lining blocked in along with braid and dark gray for the fur trim, loads to do on this.
    Fig 5, Arms require highlights etc when attached to body
    Fig 6, Front view as per Fig 2.

Feel free to comment with advise.
    Mick
  20. Graham A Fixture

England
    Looking good Mick. I assume you have sorted out the fit of parts before painting? I wouldn't have the confidence to paint the arms separate to the body and expect a hidden joint.