1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Canadian tanker Sicily 1943

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by razor, Mar 24, 2019.

1. razor A Fixture

As all my painting projects are going wrong I've started a new figure.
    Ontario Regiment Officer, based on a Ron Volstad illustration from the Osprey Canadian forces in WW2.
    Nemrod British tanker with a modified Hornet head.
    As always advise and comments are welcomed.
    cant3.JPG cant1.JPG
  2. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Looks good, I like the backdrop.

Zane
  3. marios1 Active Member

Hi Razor, as usually i like this figure so much, in particular the background......(the pillar/column is your realisation with foam or other material or is commercial items??? Nemrod may be??) and the head: in your figures the think that i prefer is the work that you make around the choice of the head, the helmet/cap/beret and the accessories around the head: i n this one i like the moustache......it is an Hornet head...but the helmet is a commercial item ??? You make a good job to the strip around the neck (the string of helmet) and about the choice of glasses........!!!!!

I follow your step up about this realisation!!!!
    What happened to the desert rat? He burned under the sun of desert?????

Many congratulations as i usually didi yo you and to your work!!

Mario from Italy.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  4. razor A Fixture

Thanks Mario.
    The pillar is from SB Scotia (I think) with a Verlinden gate.
    The head is a Hornet smiling head, the helmet is from the Hornet dispatch rider head hollowed out to make it sit more realistically and goggles cut from an old Verlinden British tanker head (the eyes are actually still in there). Straps are paper with brass buckles.
    As for the desert rat he's had paint on twice and gone wrong twice. I think he's cursed.
    Paul
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know what you mean about stuff going wrong - it happens to the best of us. (y)
    razor likes this.
  6. razor A Fixture

Thanks.
    As per-usual everything is going wrong (some how in between every project I forget how to paint). So I've taken a step back to work on some stuff that's been sat around for ages.
    Got this finished this afternoon.
    cant6.JPG cant4.JPG
    Nap, zane666, Mike - The Kiwi and 3 others like this.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely conversion, the painting will come.
    (I have been through 2 bottles of Dettol this year)
    Nap and NeilW like this.
  8. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Lovely work on the base.
  9. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for that aside. Others may know of this but I hadn't heard about Dettol's paint stripping effect, but having recently bought a bottle for medicinal purposes and having a couple of old figs that could do with a re-paint, I'll give it a go.

Found useful how to's as below:
    http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-use-dettol-to-best-clean-up.html
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?267786-Paint-Strip-Miniatures-UK-Guide-(Dettol)
    Viking Bob likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Razor

Great to see a project from you ...the hornet face is a great choice ...basework looking great as well

Neil mentioned Dettol ...I use it for stripping back works well ....make the house smell very like a hospital ward though !!!

Why not enter into November's FOTM as well .....and vote as well for October's entry's

Look forward to seeing more on this ...

Any benchtime is good benchtime no matter what your doing

Nap
  11. razor A Fixture

Thanks.
    LOL As we’ve gone out on a tangent I use Vallejo airbrush cleaner myself.
    Viking Bob likes this.
  12. razor A Fixture

Thanks for the much needed encouragement.
    My MK6 Canadian head.
    cant7.JPG
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  13. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain