1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Canadian Mounted Rifles - Boer War

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Aug 4, 2013.

1. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    That's an impressive conversion you have undertaken and I look forward to following it Dan . I would say if you want to recreate as the statue you will need to reduce the height of the horse but is it necessary to be as accurate if your doing it for yourself . Anyway Great work I'll keep watching .
    chippy
  2. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    You're off to a great start, Dan. Have fun with it. I'll follow your
    work with a lot of interest.

I also want to go down the "celuloid memory lane" for a mo. . .
    regarding my good amigo's avatar, Gordon, or "Chippy". Right here
    just above my note!!! Well, Roy. . . Trigger . . . . Dale Evens
    . . . that there is a photo of the infamous Gabby Hayes, right thar.
    Indeed !!!! "Aw Roy, you young wipper snapper." He used to say each
    Saturday morning when all us little kids went to the movie house
    for 14 US pennies. A small bag of popcorn was five cents.
    During WWII. Wow, takes me back. If I'd only had a clue. . .
    :arghh: The Singin' Cowboy, Miami Jayhawker
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ray - Would welcome any references you want to send and thanks for letting me know I don't have to destroy my S-pattern belt buckle!! :)

E-mail dpzpmorton@cox.net.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Chippy - Many thanks!

Kansas - Why sure - I remember Gabby! My younger brother and I went to matinees in the Bijou (I think that was the name) in Jackson, Missouri saturday afternoons. Can't remember if the Range Rider was just on TV or if he was in Western movies, but he was my personal favorite. I also liked Gene Autry and Flash Gordon. Ming the Merciless, Emperor of the Universe - now that was a villain!!!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    This is a very interesting idea... mind you any project with Canadian content will get my attention.
    I hope you stick with this one through to completion as I'm very interested to see the final result, painted and based, in all it's Canadian glory

Keep goin', eh!(y):joyful:

Colin
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Colin! The RCMP :woot: couldn't stop me.

All the best,
    Dan
  7. Don Well-Known Member

Wonderful work Dan, just super as I come to expect from your ideas and models. Cant wait to see where you go with this.
    How is your deserted village with the relaxing Poilu coming on? Cant wait to see that one finished.

Don
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Don! The deserted village and Poilu linger partly painted while I'm screwing around with other stuff. Alas...not enough hours or energy.

All the best,
    Dan