1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Can you identify this figure?

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm almost certain the helmet needs a nose piece as well. Do you have that Tony? Or was it missing from the piece? Cool figure either way!

Jay H.
    OKC
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Yeah Jay, the nose piece is in a plastic baggy waiting patiently for the day when I start work on him.
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Worth $10 Tony.You got a bargain there!!!!
    Brian
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I sure did, best $10 I ever spent Brian!
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I am green with envy! That figure would definately be on my "must have" list and for only $10....brilliant! I think I will be cruising e-bay and other websites, as I have to have this kit. Don't forget to post your pics when your done Tony, I'd love to see what you do with this.
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Wish I could my hands on one of these for 10$ what a bargain. Pete Morton has done some crackers over the years ,hope he is going to do more ancients.Look forward to seeing this one painted up.

David
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the box art I scanned for the Highland King

IMG_0002.jpg

Here is the painting guide that came with the kit I have

IMG_0003.jpg

Here is the Viking Merc that can be paired with the Highland King for a vignette.

IMG_0001.jpg

I have both figures painted as well as kits for doing the vignette. When you get ready to paint your Highland King and want some photos of each side just let me know and I'll take a few photos of the two I have painted.

Atramac Difusion were the last to own the masters. There were 4 or 5 additional Vikings made for the Rape & Pillage series including a 120mm mounted viking ( the kit was a dog and they pulled it off the market. I have one painted and the construction of the horse was a nightmare )

8. Don Well-Known Member

Saw Rays Highland King at Glasgow during the World Expo 2000. Really nice figure and he had done a wonderful job on it. Showed it to my wife and she was so taken by it she still talks about it. It was also a pleasure to meet Ray himself.
    Have been trying to trace one but Actramac are a bit strange as they produce only when they can be bothered and I am still waiting to hear if they ever produed this one.
    Don