1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Can anybody tell me more about this figure?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Henk, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Found this online, but an online search reveals only the Chinees seller. . Does anybody know anything about this (sculptor, retailer?), or is it legit? I'm always weary about Chinees and Asian seller, other than the known legit ones.

Attached Files:

Oda likes this.
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Henk, zane666 and Oda like this.
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    PK -pro is a retailer on continent
  4. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Oops- I meant Frank-miniatures..also Germany
  5. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Henk,
    Frank Miniatures has this in his shop for 40 euros.
    Regards
    Pete
  6. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thank you Andrew, and Pete.

For some reason non of my google searches came up with anything other than the ebay listings, and such. Typically, now that I used some of the links in the answers, my google search comes up with legit sellers and reviews. I've clicked the "notify me" button on the El Greco site. I really like the look of this one.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

Your right to be very wary of Chinese sellers especially on e bay ...all are probably recasters

Look forward to seeing how it gives once you get it from El Greco or Frank

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Gary D likes this.
  8. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Slightly off thread but I have noticed a UK seller selling obvious recasts on the bay (not this item). Some people are beneath contempt. Trouble is eBay and Amazon, for that matter, just aren't interested, all they want is their cut

Bill
  9. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like the little clear cards that Broken Toad includes with his models, and the Harbinger of Death kit came with a very nice card with a "wax" seal. Not sure if Galapagos include that with all of their kits, or just the Harbinger one.
    I've bought most of my figures either from Mitch or private sellers of ebay (boxed ones.... ), but lately have started broadening my horizons, finding other subjects and sellers (like Broken Toad and El Greco).
  10. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    And how on earth do you expect Ebaynto police it? Amazon? What’s your proposal?
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    grasshopper likes this.
  12. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  13. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    You are in uk?
  14. Henkm Well-Known Member

I have a number of times reported fakes using the link provided by ebay. Nothing happened of course (confirmed by checking the listing some weeks later) and when reporting there's a note saying 'there is no need to report again as it will delay the process'.
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect ebay to check the authenticity of everything posted there but at the same time, inviting reports then leaving those without follow-up, apparently in the hope/expectation that the complainer will move on and forget about it, is below par IMHO.
    Airkid likes this.
  15. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Do remember they haven’t the expertise, and only set number of people..even on PF there was a recent altercation between a member who wondered about a piece being sold commercially, and who is fully intimate with the piece in question, but turned out the rights had been sold,a new the piece modified...
    but for eBay, Amazon people such as Elena have no sales outlet, even tho they get ripped off as well..don’t blame eBay- blame the useless wankers buying the garbage...aside from recast,just check the lists for Poste Militaire to see all sorts of junk presented as such..usually innocently by people buying from estate sales and reselling, and then look at the items full of rot and useless..it’s buyer beware and expecting eBay to police it passes off the responsibility- it’s up to us to not buy and to educate other consumers..in the scheme of it all we are small potatoes
    theBaron likes this.
  16. Banjer A Fixture

England
    I didn't say they could police it, I said they weren't interested that this is illegal trading.

I see you have come back as rude as ever.
  17. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I asked for your solution..in business finding problems is easy, finding solutions was what we get paid for..
  18. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I am.
  19. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mr Lee's Minis also carry BigChild in the UK. Waiting for a restock of that bust currently though.
  20. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Yes, but its €25 shipping :eek:...

Stil, waiting for el Greco to get it back in stock.