1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Camera Lense

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Guy, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I am not very happy with my camera lense. I have a Sony Digital Mavica with a precision Digital 16xzoom lense. I can't get good close-ups. Any suggestions on a better lense?

Guy <_<
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    See if they have a macro attachment for it. The Nikon Coolpix does and you can focus down to around 5mm.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    CoolPix 4500 is what i use and from most reviews (and most modelers) its' macro capabilities is unsurpassed in it's class.. I love it :)
  4. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Whoah!!!!!! I've just looked at this on Jessops (largest british camera shop chain) website & it costs more than my car did!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
    I think I'll get a 2100 and make do! The reported macro on that is 5cm so if it lives up to it's claims it should suffice!

Simon,....wishing he had a better paid job!
  5. Richard E New Member

Hi Guy

Just a thought, what is your budget on this?, and are you thinking of buying a whole new kit ?. I'm a bit of a camera freak (personally and professionally) and have been following the digital market lately.

Richard
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ya'll

I will look into Macros and see what there is for my camera. I have invested alot into the camera so far and don't want to have to 2nd mortgage the farm to get it to the point where I can take better close-ups.
    Thanks again (y)

Guy
  7. Aeronaudts New Member

Belgium
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    (y) Great Idea Aeronaudts................who'd of thunk it!!!!! I may try the light and magnifier before spending hundreds on extra lenses. Many....Many thanks for idea.

Guy (y)