1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Cad Bane" The Bounty Hunter - The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick Majerus, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi guy's,

Attached is something I have been working on the side. This is a figure of a character from the Star War series "The Clone Wars". It is shown on the Cartoon Netwerk I believe, but I have never seen it. I Just saw a picture in a magazine and looked it up on the inet.

The character is Cad Bane the Bounty Hunter. He is based on Lee Van Cleef(sp?) from the old spagetti westerns with Clint Eastwood.

As I progress, I'll send more pictures.

Nick

Cad Bane.JPG

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I like what you have done Nick. From one of my favorite series - "Start Wars"
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    LOVE IT! Would love to see a limited run of these. I know liscensing is an issue, but my brushes would love to splash paint on one of these!!!!!! Nice work Nick on a very interesting subject!

Jay H.
  4. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Jay. I have seen other companies release figures like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc. and call them something else. I don't know if they have been "spanked" for that or not. I guess it is something to think about. I am finishing up the hat now and will take another picture of it then before starting to paint.

Nick
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nick, it must be a great change of pace (and relaxing) from historical subjects. I've thought about trying it myself and will once I get the dust and unfinished projects off the desk. Cool stuff. ~Gary
  6. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, It is differant and a change of pace. I'm not a big fan of the Fantacy stuff, but do like a lot of what is out there. It is kind of like modeling cars, you can do anything with a car kit and it is not wrong! I have never seen the Clone Wars series, but this Cad Bane was on the cover of a magazine. I thought it would make a neat bust. I'm finishing up the hat and will post another picture of it before painting.

Nick
  7. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    I finished the hat and it looks to be about right, so I'm going to prime and paint it next. I Will post more pictures of it when done.

Cad Bane A.JPG

Cad Bane B.JPG

Cad Bane C.JPG

Nick