1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

buying overseas from members

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by jim1215, Sep 12, 2018.

1. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    hello all , just a quck question regarding from members from europe im in the states and recently purchased through paypal , there are many kits i would like to buy that are for sale through others grey army , my question is after i paid the conversion price and shipping, paypal not my card charged me a small fee, my card carges me 3pct overseas price, just some advice is this how it works , wanr to figure in future buys , thanks jim
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I'd read PayPal's terms to be sure, but I believe that that is correct, that PP charges for currency conversion.

Prost!
    Brad
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    PayPal are greedy and charge you 3% currency conversion and a poor rate, you need to factor that into your purchasing.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  4. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    thanks keith , and my card did same lol, guess that was my point we purchasing , jim
  5. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    got it now brad , thanks much !
  6. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Good old PayPal ...money grabbing

Lots for sale in the Marketplace here including stuff from me !!

Enjoy your visits to PF and hope you find what you want

Look forward to seeing more of your posts

Nap
  7. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    I've used PP for years, but it's been quite a few years now that I stopped doing it. I don't even have credit nor debit cards, not even a bank account anymore.
    I prefer cash, so no one will feed on my own little possessions... I really despise pimps and blood sucking vampires...
    Of course, for international online orders, that doesn't make life easy for me, as I'm very limited to the rare few who accept Payment on Delivery, or Western Union (or similar, there are plenty others doing the same) . Nationally I can use both methods mentioned above, or by Postal Money Order. Or if possible I can travel and go to physical stores, or if from a private seller, I can go pick the items in person and use cash.

As Nap says, with PP (sadly that is a major issue with all banksters and others of a similar kind) greed speaks louder than any common sense, or even any human feelings...

I wonder why people keep feeding these greedy vampires by using their services...

Recently I contacted a PF member, that has a few figures for sale on the Marketplace sub-forum, as he has one I'd be interested in, asking if he would consider selling it using a different payment method (in this case, as he is in a neighbor country, I suggested paying by Western Union, where all fees are paid by the sender, and the receiver gets the exact amount of money he expects to get, no 4%, nor any other fees as PP charges), but he refused my offer, as he prefers PP...

Well... as long as there will be people willing to feed the vampires' appetite... it's our fault that things don't improve...

Cheers!

Dolf