1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bust Conversion

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by bobparker, Nov 19, 2003.

1. bobparker Member

England
    Hi This is a little something i did a while ago ,thought i would put it up untill i have something better to show.
    Bob
  2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi bob,
    I've noticed that you haven't gotten any responses to your project.
    I think I might know why not.
    It's that executable file you have there. I'd like to see what you're working on but I'm not going to download an executable file to do it. There're too many risks involved in doing something like this.
    Do you think you could try posting one or two pictures instead? Or maybe a link to where they are posted?
    I'd be willing to bet that you'll get some responses then.
    Just a suggestion...no offense intended.
    Craig
  3. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Plus it doesn't actually work anyway (I downloaded it @ work & it's a corrupt file :( )
    I'd like to see some pics of this too!

Simon
  4. bobparker Member

England
    sorry, seems that i made a total mess of sending the 4 pics i have will try and sort it out with some help from a pal
    bob
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    hello Bob,
    If you need any help from this end let us know

Guy (y)
  6. bobparker Member

England
    Hi if this one works I'll try the rest, cant find a fingers crossed smilie
    Bob
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    you got it (y)
    that would be quite a challenge!
  8. bobparker Member

England
    May be to big noy sure i got i yet!!
    Bob
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Bob, Please tell us maore about your figure......love to hear more about what you did....good photos

Guy (y)
  10. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi bob,
    Glad to see you got that worked out.
    Now, if this is what you're posting until you have something better...I can't wait!
    This is extremely nice looking. Good job there. I've never had the courage to try one of these samurai figures.
    Craig
  11. MSzwarc New Member

Hi Bob,

Nice work (y)! I love the colors you chose, but that's why I love samurai-- they're so colorful.

You indicate that this figure is a conversion from a bust. What parts of the figure did you build, and is the horse also scratchbuilt? Also, if any of the armor or the arrows are scratchbuilt, I'd love to hear how you did them. I need some arrows for a conversion I'm working on, and I'm not satisfied with what I've come up with so far.

Mike Szwarc
  12. bobparker Member

England
    Gentlemen I thank you,more pics to follow , the bust is the harton min samurai with reworked arms, the horse is the old airfix 1/12th standing bengal lancer and 1/2 kilo of magicsculpt
    I made a single row of lacing for the armour and used a moulding rubber from the art shop called siligum which cures in minutes to cast rows of lacing and fixed to form the bottom 1/2 of the figure
    saddle stirrups and horse furniture all from magicsculpt reference from the Leed Armouries who have a brilliant samurai section.
    bow from beaten brass rod and MS.arrows reworked from the kit with thin brass rod
    bob