1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Bully 40 m/m

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Bowery, Jul 3, 2015.

1. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Having just been to the reapercon convention I wanted to do a fun piece. If you have not been to reapercon or read about it, you can find information at https://reapercon.com/ It is a differents convention that last for four days and they have a miniature contest. It is a really fun time with lots of goodies and things to do with plenty of SBS seminars with the Reaper artists and sculpters. A very friendly bunch.
    I just loved this sculpt of the Werewolf type fellow and in our goodie bag they gave us a little mouseling space marine. So I decided to put the two together. The wolf is around a 40m/m casting so the mouseling is dinky (small):rolleyes:
    I titled it "So, you want a piece of me?"
    mousey1edt.jpg
    mousey8edt.jpg mousey2edt.jpg

I used a piece of wood mulch for the rock and put a coating of white glue and water mixed around 50/50 to keep all the pieces together and stop it falling apart. The rocks were sculpted on the wolf base already so I extended them using aves putty and sculpting them similar to the base.
    I added a unicorn brass etch to the front of the mousey like heraldry

mousey4edt.jpg mousey5edt.jpg mouseyedt6.jpg

Grass bits of wood and a base of epoxy sculpt round out the groundwork to colour it a little more.
    Weathered the marine suit a little.

All comments gratefully accepted and thanks for looking
    A very nice break from olive drab and french pirates.
    Cheers
    John
    pmfs, gothicgeek, kenshin393 and 4 others like this.
  2. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lively - I like the saliva effect!
    John Bowery likes this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    The drool effect is nice John. Lovely miniature.
    Many thanks for posting.(y)

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    John Bowery likes this.