1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Buller's rescue of D'Arcy 1879.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Richie, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    This is going to look great can't wait for paint
  2. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for looking in mate and the nice comment. I have just noticed I need to move the carbine to the otherside of the horse. Can't wait to start painting I am sick of sanding and grinding on this one.
    cheers
    Richie
  3. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know how that feels mate, trust me!! But the end result will be superb mate so do not rush it!

Dave
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Hi Richie
    Yeah the prep sucks but has to be done, there should be a service to do that for you lol
    Steve
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Press on Richie, better to find and sort the wrinkles now than when you are painting.
    It's looking really good, I love it.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    What a great vignette Richie , it isreally coming along nice.
    cheers
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Once again, I'm late for supper, but I didn't miss dessert, HA! Love it, gonna be a sweet one I can tell already. Gotta love them large scale figures and the concept and mods are looking great. Youza Baby. Lookin really good Richie!

Cheers, Ski.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave, Steve & Keith,
    Well I am on the final stage of construction but still have a few more faults to sand out now I have sprayed everthing.
    Might aswell try and rectify them as a bit more sanding won't bother me.:eek:

Hi Daniel & Ski,
    Thanks for looking lads, I am glad you like my little effort. Still loads to do but things are going OK.(y)

I've had a productive day and have managed to get everthing undercoated, I can now see the faults to address on the horse as a result of grinding off the Lancers Napoleonic saddle. I have sculpted on some of the harness with milliput, but still have the halter chain and reins to do. Then I need to tackle the groundwork.
    cheers
    Richie
    CIMG4859.JPG CIMG4860.JPG CIMG4861.JPG CIMG4862.JPG CIMG4863.JPG CIMG4864.JPG CIMG4865.JPG CIMG4866.JPG CIMG4867.JPG CIMG4868.JPG
    Helm and billyturnip like this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Yeah I hate that when you think you are done and Mr Primer just gives you another shed load of work to do! That said this is really getting better and better
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for thumbs up mate, makes all that sanding down worthwhile. If it wasn't for "Mr Primer" I would n't be able to see all the faults I end up creating. Hopefully I can start to get some paint on this weekend.
    cheers
    Richie
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Well after a hectic 3 months of family and work with absolutely no modelling whatsoever (and I am feeling very rusty), I have finally managed to get something done today. I have under coated the horse and put the first layer of oils on. I have blocked in the figure of D'Arcy, nothing very exciting but I'm off and running again.:happy:
    I'm off tomorrow so I should get another coat on the horse and some more work done on the figure.
    cheers
    Richie

CIMG4889.JPG CIMG4888.JPG
  12. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to see this moving again Richie, such a great scene and nice start on the painting.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    (y) Nice to see you back at it Richie....looking forward to further updates.

Roger.
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    About time as well :)
    Good to see you back at mate, you will soon shake the old rust of and be cracking along again, looking good so far.

All the best

Steve
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking great mate looking forward to seeing it progress
  16. Don Well-Known Member

Nice to see you painting now, been a long wait but well worth it. Love what you are doing here and cant wait to see more. Lovely work.

Don
  17. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richie good to see the progress you've made on this and looking forward to following the painting .(y)

Cheers Ken
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richie good to see the progress you've made on this and looking forward to following the painting .(y)

Cheers Ken
  19. Mark S Guest

This has been a great project to follow, Richie.
    Looking forward to seeing the final result, should be a stunning piece when finished.
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Dave, Roger, Steve, Steve, Don, Ken & Mark,
    Thanks all for looking in, it's good to be back & being productive, hopefully I can keep the momentum going and knock the rust off me. I've been putting another coat on the horse, building up the layers on D'Arcy and trying to get some different tones in, not sure you can see them from the crap photo's, actually the jacket in real life looks much darker!!!. I have also started to lay down some base colours on the top half of Buller.
    cheers
    Richie

Attached Files: