1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP building up a post medieval vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marco22, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    I have always wanted to put together those two great 75 mm figures, one from Pegaso and one from Romeo.
    As thay have been seen around for a while, the idea ws to create a liitle backround outside a "taverne", just before an eventual dueling by swords would occur...
    Always nice to try to imagine alittle story around a vignette ...

[IMG]

starting up with the following idea

[IMG]

this setting seems fine, but the large hats alter considerably the vision of the face ...

so I tried this setting

[IMG]

this looked fine, before I noticed that the capes would be hidden from the viewer

so I decided to change things around;

this way one can see the faces, and the backsides of both capes

I satrted up with a 54 mm medieval Nemrod kit which I upgraded to 75 mm , and adding some scratched parts
    I had the base made to measure, to fit the exact size I wanted to give to the vignette (avoiding a too large or too small base )

[IMG]

[IMG]

the steet was made of Magic sculpt which i copied from a silicon mould, allowing some distortion of the pavement, to make things look a bit more realistic

[IMG]

[IMG]

then painting started using my airbrush

[IMG]

[IMG]

then I added some plants and mosses, trying to make something a little realistic and a few additional details added

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

well , now it is time to start oil painting both figures, hoping the result will match what I intended to do

Marc
  2. Henkm Well-Known Member

Nice idea and a great looking background already!
    Marco22 likes this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great start Marc, looking forward to the figures.
    Marco22 likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marc

Love the idea and thanks for sharing the work that's gone into the base...looks excellent ....like the rat !

Following this with much interest

Why not also enter Figure of the Month as well as voting in the previous month

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Marco22 likes this.
  5. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc great to see this SBS kicking off from the very start taking in your initial idea and moving through planning, base work and now onto the figures, we all know what you can do with your painting skills so this will be one that I am looking forward to following, the base work/background are excellent and a real attention grabber for what's to come.
    TERRY
    Marco22 likes this.
  6. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    thanks a lot for your feebecks !

@ Nap ; I have posted a knight at this month's FOTM, and did so also last month !

concerning the rest of this post, do I continue this one or create a new one at each step (knowing you cannot edit the title )
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Looks great and I like your idea
    Marco22 likes this.
  8. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes indeed - an excellent idea.....wonderful painting potential too

Mike
  9. igor_belousov Active Member

Ukraine
  10. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic job on the groundwork Marc! Looking forward to more. (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
  11. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I've had these two sitting in my GGA for a long time while waiting for an idea of how to make them into a little vignette, but without success. Your idea has started me thinking again. You are off to a good start. Looking forward to your progress.