1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BUGLE CALL 2016 CANCELLED!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Bob Orr, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The venue have just yesterday advised me that we no longer have access to the tennis courts at the rear for car parking. The management company that manages the venue has changed in the last year so the courts passed to the control of the local authority who are developing them as all surface courts so we can no longer hire them as parking.
    With limited parking on site, expensive and limited to 4 hours max (I was unable to negotiate any discount or extended stay terms) combined with rising costs and a reducing number of personel to run the show we have taken the difficult decision to cancel this years event and all future events at this venue.
    We may be back next year in our usual November slot if we can find a suitable venue at a realistic price.
    Kind Regards,
    Bob Orr
    Hon Treasurer Bristol Area BMSS.
    peedee likes this.
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very sad news....the loss of any show/venue is a loss to the hobby :(.....good luck for next year :)

Regards

Ron
    peedee, DEL and napoleonpeart like this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to hear that. Not a show I've ever attended but as Ron says, any show lost is a loss to the hobby. Hope you can get something sorted for 2017.

- Steve
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to hear that Bob. As Ron suggests I hope it comes together another time:)

(I suppose I'll have to venture further a'field to other events now. . . )

Paul
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That is sad, hope it returns next year.
    Like Paul, will have to drive further afield.
    peedee likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

A difficult but understandable decision now that the parking is not available , this was always a pain at Bath .

I will be contacting the clubs personally but would like to say a massive thank you for their support

I truely hope another venue can be sorted for BC to rise like a phoenix from the ashes

You haven't got rid of me though as I will still be attending shows with Carole promoting and enjoying this great hobby of ours .

Nap
    peedee and Viking Bob like this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a shame, guys - especially given all the time that goes into planning these things. Lets hope the new tennis courts bring in as many visitors as the show does....!!(y)
  8. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bugger bugger bugger , hopefully another venue can be found Bath to be honest over rated over priced ,and all it has is an open air pool !!!! Lol
    Cheers Chris
    peedee likes this.
  9. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    A real pain. Always enjoyed the Bristol shows, used to travel across when I lived in Cardiff. Remember them being held at the Watershed and at the Corn Exchange back in the 80s. Hope that you manage to find a suitable venue soon.
    peedee likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments , I am gutted about this , it's a lot to organise for the clubs but always great to see everything come together on the day .....

We will be searching high and low for a new location so here's to success

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think I may be able to offer a suitable and appropriate quotation here from the tv series, 'The Young Ones'.

"You utter utter utter bastards".

The same re-organisational outscourcred edict was given to the Bolton show organisers as a fait accomplit putting our January show at risk too.

Good luck for a new venue boys.

Paul
    DaddyO and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've been going to Bugle Call for many years, and it's always been my favourite show.
    Good luck with your search for a new venue. May it be short and fruitful.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    peedee likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Thanks guys for all the comments

Hopefully the Bugle Call phoenix will rise in 2017 ..watch this space for details

As always thanks to all the clubs and traders for their support

Nap