Bud Gardner #2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

I was really not pleased with how the bust turned out the first time I painted it, was way to rushed. This time I have spent a lot more time and more effort. So far I have the face finished up, the rest to come soon! I tried something new, I painted it form the shadows up, and Im not sure how I like that method, a lot more time consuming it seams. The face took about 3 hours of painting to complete to my normal average of about 1.5 hours. Oh well!

Pics are a little washed out, think I got the light a little too close.

Here is the old face

[IMG]

And new

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And some larger pics to show technique and flaws :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. tankysgal1 New Member

Great Job Anders. Big improvement from the last one. The extra effort and new technique really paid off. Keep the progress pics coming.
    Mary
  3. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Better face, Anders, more lifelike, but Ihad a question about the beard.
    Should it be a trimmed beard or should it be a 5 o'Clock shade?
    Somehow looks the beard a bit to flat for me, maybe some darker tones in it?
    If it is an 5 o'clock shade, maybe not so outlined painting, uhh, how to explain............now it has sharp edges and with to 5 o clack shade it could be more rougher over the cheaks and not with painting lines but with dots.
    Just a questin of a newbie in figures
    Bert
  4. Pete_H New Member

Yeah, BIG difference!!! Definitely looks weather-beaten and aged by combat.
  5. Brad S Member

Anders

Dude, his new face completely rocks over the previous one. A lot more weary looking and lifelike. I agree on the beard that it looks a lttle to etched, but that may only be beacuse the picture is blown up and may look correct in scale.
    Fantastic work! You are definitely one of my inspirations

Brad Spelts
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I wanted to show some beard growth after 3-4 day's on a recon mission in the Mekong Delta. If I was brave I would paint some face camo rubbed off but I think I will save that for the first one I did, I'll play around with that one as not to screw this one up too bad.
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    Anders, this is an excellent work. The beard is perfect.
    Saludos
    Jaime Gil