1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed BUCCANEER. Andrea Miniatures 54mm.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by -=König=-, May 2, 2010.

1. -=König=- Active Member

Hello friends.

I represent you last work.
    Painting Tempera, oil paints.
    The basis is executed from make-shifts.

P.S.Separate thanks I wish to tell Dimitrios Kotronias. For helps, and a practical advice in painting. ;)

Attached Files:

Meehan34 likes this.
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    peter you did a wonderful job on this figure, you can really see your improvement. Congratulations for a job well done.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very colorfull and nice paintjob.

Marc
  4. -=König=- Active Member

Hello Mike,Marc.

Thanks. Yes on the given work I hardly was seized. I will be and to get hand in and aspire to skill further :)
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Peter it was my pleasure to be able to help and by the looks of it he turned out to be a beautifull painted figure. Well done, and keep them coming.
  6. -=König=- Active Member

Hi
    Many thanks big Dimitrios ;)
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Peter, great painting and basework, I like the addition of the bones, do these come with the figure.

Cheers Ken
  8. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi Peter,

Chances are you are a better painter than I am. Acknowlledging this I would like to make the following comments as an audience rather than a fellow hobbylist.

1. I feel that the peaks and troughs have been given uniform treatment in some parts painted white, while in fact some troughs might be slightly deeper than others in sculpt. I myself am liable to doing the same thing but I think it is important to fight against it and squeeze in yet another one or two degrees of highlight or shading in an irregular basis to really bring out the dimensions.

2. From time to time I see people airbrushing a base with such composition to project a sense of depth, even if the surface is objectively flat. I wonder how you feel about that approach?

You are much ahead of me along the learning curve and this is a cracking kit to paint. Congrats and glad to see the post.
  9. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Well done Peter, I like it :)

Andrea
  10. -=König=- Active Member

Hello to all.
    Ken
    Ngai Hang
    Andrea
    Thanks.
    Ngai HangYes. On the given work I a little have moved ahead. I on it will not stop. I will go further. :) Probably you had in view of about the basis that that it merges? It because of bright light :(

Here the basis in process. A relief it is visible.

Attached Files:

11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Peter,

I like this one very much.(y)
  12. -=König=- Active Member

Hi Pedro.

Thanks ;)