1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed BSM "fine pair of shoulders , show 'em off ,show 'em off boy" Williams RA

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, May 9, 2021.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everybody

This will be a WIP in the very near future after a great bit of putty work from my mate JIM EVAN's , aka "Jimbo" here on PF

I had a idea to havesomething a little different using the release from Ybros sculpts ( Chris Sorby ) which I reviewed here: https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/chest-out-from-ybros-sculpts.309082/

GA.jpg

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

[IMG]
    The 32 millimetres (1.3 in) wide ribbon is grey flanked by narrow red stripes, with broad green stripes at the edges

[IMG]
    The ribbon is 32 millimetres wide, with equal width bands of Navy blue, Army red and Air Force blue, with the dark blue band representing the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy, the red band the Armies and the light blue band the Air Forces. The equal width bands represent the equal contributions of the three service arms towards victory.

[IMG]
    The ribbon is 32 millimetres wide, with a 3½ millimetres wide navy blue band, a 4 millimetres wide dark yellow band and a 3½ millimetres wide navy blue band, repeated and separated by a 10 millimetres wide Army red band. The dark blue bands represent British Naval forces, the red band represents the Commonwealth Armies and the dark yellow bands represent the sun.

[IMG]

The ribbon is identical to the one that was introduced for the Army Long Service and Good Conduct Medal in June 1916. It is 32 millimetres wide and crimson or sometimes reddish violet, edged with 3 millimetres wide white bands.

....so I grovelled to Jimbo ........and boy did he come up with the goods ......here's the current resculpted bust to my idea , of course unprimed, click on pics for larger images if you wish

WIP 012.jpg WIP 015.jpg wip.jpg WIP 013.jpg

Stay tuned .....this will be fun Happy benchtime

Nap
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Blood hell, Jimbo is good to you.
    Very nice additions.
    Jimbo and DaddyO like this.
  3. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Look at you mate!
    Creative AND handsome! Does it ever stop with you pal?:eek:
    Cheers from Cumbria and looking forward to yet another Kev Creation!(y)
    We should all be so talented!
    Jonathan
    Nap likes this.
  4. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great!
    Nap likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    It's come out really good ...he a clever lad is Jimbo

Handsome ..yes...Jimbo is the creative one with putty ...I just have ideas

Looking forward to getting this going after the gnome

Cheers Scott Jim did a fine job ...something different in pose to the original release from Chris Sorby

Happy benchtime one and all

Nap
  6. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Has your missus got you painting the garden gnomes then pal?;)
    W know you're good but that's puting your work out on public display fella... steady on now!:love:
    Cheers buddy... you're a great example of who you are!
    Cheers from sunny, cloudy, sunny, rainy, sunny, sort of cloudy Cumbria
    Jonathan
    Nap likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Cheers J ...no gnomes were harmed so you can relax here's the V bench https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/the-happy-gnome.313417/.....fun piece

Overcast,sun, cold, warm delicious Devon

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Warm?! Bugger!:p
    Cheers and keep painting pal.
    Jonathan
    Nap likes this.
  9. Sylvanus Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Interesting! Looking good!
    Nap likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England

He is now washed dried etc and based up and primed in black as normal for me

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Scotty likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

Well Mr Williams is now marching up and down my bench ...eyes all done

Going for this version...green beret plus sweaty shirt ...like the contrast

Here is the main picture ref

image.jpeg

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Verbal update .....uniform base coated using Vallejo Japanese uniform .....will be a lot lighter as pic above

Beret is currently green ....but not 100% sure about leaving it might change to the brown Khaki

Ribbons and RA arm flashes all completed

Stay tuned

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi folks

Some iffy pics ....beret is still green ...debating about it ...any thoughts

Click on pics for larger images if you wish

All comments welcome

Happy benchtine

Nap

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Oda, m@rp, MCPWilk and 3 others like this.
  14. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Shaping up nicely!
    Nap likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England

Thanks Scott he's coming along now , shirt all finished painted as in picture 3 posts back in thread , might add a little more "sweat" but don't want to overdo the effect , I also reduced the number of buttons as per pic

I've changed the beret to the brown version , the green just didn't seem right even though it was seen in series albeit not often

I've also removed the stick for ease of painting ...came out nicely !

Next is the beret to finish , then the belt then fleshwork , rank badge and watch

The belt looks like it's been scrubbed well and blancoed

Will get pics hopefully later

Happy benchtine

Nap image.jpeg
    Oda likes this.
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

Verbal update for now .........belt all complete , I resculpted the buckle after knocking the previous one !

Beret update .....now all finished ......and back to green .......after "advice" from SWMBO ...lol,

Couple of ref pics

Stay tuned

Happy benchtine

Nap image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Oda, DaddyO and MCPWilk like this.
  17. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  18. Waterlooman A Fixture

Im loving this - takes me back to when it was on tv - great subject and lovely work.

W.
  19. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Ere Kev!....is it my eyes or am I wrong but the beret in the photos looks like standard army black to me rather than green? I'm no expert and you know far far more than I do regarding uniforms but I thought the green beret was reserved for the Marine Commandos WW11, Maroon for the Paras, while everyone else was either black or Khaki including Royal Artillery?

Jim
  20. Nap Moderator

England

Looks no at the 2 nd picture it looks green , I said in thread can't find why it would be but pics look to have a definate green ( my nephews beret in a picture of him looks the same ...) ...

Or is it the lighting making it look green

POLL HERE https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/bsm-williams-beret-colour.315818/

Oh heavans I am confused now !

Nap