1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP BSG - 'Starbuck' - 1/35th

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Reddo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Heres some detail of a small sci-fi diversion I'm working on. I have a 1/35th scale viper mk vii that I wanted to start. As is usual with sci-fi model kits the mouldings are not always the best. On this one I had to resculpt the legs to fit in the cockpit properly. The flight suit was a boggle to recreate. Its a sort of 2 tone metallic goldy/sepia/green in parts (anyone thats seen the series will know what I mean). I'm happy with the way it turned out at under an hours work - as once shes in the cockpit proper the effect is quite acceptable.

Attached Files:

housecarl, Jamie Stokes and balder like this.
  2. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Well, I suppose its a bit off topic. One thing though, it did allow me to try out some new techniques with pigments. The worn steel around the intakes and plasma scorches are all done with pigments and may find there way into my figure modelling particularly in armour where the fine pigment metal looks very realistic.

Job Jobbed!

Attached Files:

housecarl likes this.
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very effective weathering.
    Carl.(y)
  4. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Peter.
    The Viper looks pretty good too.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture