1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Brutephalus the minotaur

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by rosman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. rosman Member

Spain
    [IMG]

That figure has been a project i enjoyed a lot because my friend Alexis Calvo and me have done almost every step of the creative process of it. We have designed this miniature to be the central piece in your amies, games or a miniature to be shown in your cabinet. A minotaur is one of the best known creatures of all over the criptids represented in a lot of tales, legends, films… And now it could be in your games with our great version.

We started with a basical sketch done by alexis on a piece of paper, after that he sculpted the pose and all anatomic volumes to a very definitive stage. Here is when i take my part on this piece, finishing and perfecting his anatomy, bot modelling and sanding and then, “dressing” it with some elements planned by my friend and other added by me to give more interest to the figure. Once the whole miniature was sculpted, with cuts and some attatchments done we brought it to a cast maker to have molds and copies done. What a feeling to have a copy of your sculpting work in your hands!

Now it was turn to paint it. I get inspired by a cow specimen so common in the mountain zones of where i live, i seen it several times in trips and work and ever loved it. The painting has been done with acrylics triying to imitate textures and shines of the real materials in every part of the model

Hope you liked it! And if you want a copy visit http://www.newartways.com/ or http://newartways.com/en/product/brutephalus-the-minotaur

Sculptors: Alexis Calvo & Joan Carles Ros (Rosman)
    Box Art version: Joan Carles Ros (Rosman)
    Real height: 64mm
    Scale: 1:64 to 1:50 (28 to 35mm) but for sure it will serve for a wide range of bigger scales
    Material: Metal
    Cast maker: Enrique "La Forja"
    Producer: Jaume Riera
    Base: 40mm plastic base included

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

zane666 and T-34/85 like this.